Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read on another forum that a owner paid $90.00 for a oil change because it was a 300c with a hemi another price of $65.00, one owner paid $26.95 which is about the rihgt price i think. anybody else out there have any feed back on price paid for a oil change. the extra two qts. of oil must be gold. sounds like another dealer rip off cause we own a hemi.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Without getting off my lazy ass and looking I know I paid less then $30. In fact, the first one should be free. I got my first change on the C for free and the dealer called to schedule my first change on my Pacifica for free as well.

I’m the type of person that goes into a business and I get to know the employees. When I come back they know about me and I know who they are. This tends to work in the customers favor.

For example, the electronics guy at my dealership noticed that the stereo installer did a half ass job and didn’t hide all the wires. He asked if I’d like it wires a little more presentable, sure I do. When I picked up my car I was VERY happy with the look and VERY surprised at how nice the setup looked.

It all comes down you how you treat people and the expectation that they will in return treat you. I can show this in when I decided that I wanted another vehicle for the winter. My dealership KNOWS that I’ll be back for more cars so there was no dicking around. They brought the lowest price to the table the first time with no insulting BS about let me talk to my manager.

On the other hand, they could be talking about an oil change to synthetic. At that price I would do it myself. At less than $30 I can’t beat the service that I get from Tom O’Brien in Indianapolis.

PS Anyone want a well loved C? My SRT-8 should be here in mid Feb.

·
Registered
887 Posts
$90!?!? There better be a happy ending to a $90 oil change! :eek:

·
Registered
765 Posts
$90.00 is way to much for an oil change. the first one should have been free from the dealership (if they were a good dealership) Even if ya went to a jiffylube or some other type of shop it shouldnt be more than $30.00

·
Registered
402 Posts
Oil changes for my father's-in-law Mercedes run $90 at the MB dealer. But that's a zillion quarts of synthetic oil and some hot-zoot bazillion-dollar oil filter, coupled with a "complementary mini-detail" handwash.

I had my oil changed at the Valvoline Instant Oil Change franchise up the street with 7 qts. of Valvoline full synthetic for $45 or so...

·
Registered
26 Posts
When we bought our 300c we got 5 years of free oil changes at our dealer,
just took it in last week for its first change. They sure are a lot slower than Valvoline or Jiffy Lube, but for free I'll put up with it. Maybe next time I'll send the wife since it's actually her car anyway :D Besides, if I keep walking around looking at those Magnum R/T's, I'm afraid I might be coerced into trading my truck on one.

My dad just took his 03 Concorde into the dealer for an oil change and they hosed him into the 15,000 mile service schedule to the tune of $280.00
I told him that next time bring it to me and I will change his oil, look at his belts and hoses and dump a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in his tank for only $100.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Our dealer charges his customers that he sold the car to just $5.95 complete.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My first oil change was $24 at the dealer. I noticed they gave me a $7 deduction for "insurance". I was in a hurry and didn't ask what that was for. Next time I will ask. Wonder if it has anything to do with the extended warranty I bought???????

·
Registered
207 Posts
I called for my 4th oil change at the dealership. Since I did not need warrenty work performed this was my first for just the LOF. I was disappointed that I had to make an appointment for a week away just for this simple thing. What is worse when I show up for my appointment its not in and out in 45 minutes it seems they want you to leave the car and then of course at 4:45pm they pull it in to do. I want to keep going to the dealer because I don't want to risk a Jiffy lube putting in the wrong weight or something like that but what a pain.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not to mention the tray beneath the engine cradle may be a foreign concept to those unseen individuals (CHUDS?) below your car at Jiffy Lube. Seriously, those guys have always done a great job for me, but I have pledged to keep the C 100% dealer serviced. As long as I live near a good dealer, which I do.

·
Registered
477 Posts
wild bill said:
i read on another forum that a owner paid $90.00 for a oil change because it was a 300c with a hemi another price of $65.00, one owner paid $26.95 which is about the rihgt price i think. anybody else out there have any feed back on price paid for a oil change. the extra two qts. of oil must be gold. sounds like another dealer rip off cause we own a hemi.
hmmm. i supply my on oil and either of two (close by) dealers will change for around $20.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone charging $90 for an oil change won't be doing very many of them! Paid $29 for my first change at a dealer in Park City, UT while away from home. Just about ready for my second change which will probably be at the dealer I bought from.

·
Registered
441 Posts
HEMIED C said:
I Bought mobil one 0-w40 european for $37 and a delco ol filter for$4 brought it to my dealer and they did the work for free.
Did you really use 40 weight? Maybe that's why the dealer did the work for free....

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
cmego said:
Did you really use 40 weight? Maybe that's why the dealer did the work for free....
Yeah, I was wondering that...guess he might be seeing more of the dealer than anticipated (and I am not talking about oil changes).

·
Registered
196 Posts
HEMIED C said:
I Bought mobil one 0-w40 european for $37 and a delco ol filter for$4 brought it to my dealer and they did the work for free.
HEMID C,

I wouldn't use the 0-W40 oil. In order for the MDS to work properly and not damage any of the internals, you should use the recommended 5-W20 oil. There are other threads that discuss some of the possible problems that could happen in more detail. I would do a little more research before you use anything other than the 5-W20 IMHO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Damn, $90.00 For an Oil Change?!?!... Their better be Diamonds Floating in that Oil for 90 Bucks. I'd Slap Somebody if they told me $90 for a Oil Change

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ok, I briefly scanned through this thread and everyone bitched about the $90... I guess most of you use the cheapest oil??? Im not saying is justified, but I have a 1996 4Cyl Mazda 626 that've been doing Synthetic Oil Change with mobil for about 5 years now, and its about $70 for not even 4 quarts, its like 3.5 or 3.75 quarts... you are paying for the service, and the synthetic oil... I think its $50 for up to 5 quarts plus the extra quality oil filter "which i heard is not neccessary" for synthetic is about $12... plus taxes, they trhow in a free car wash and they vacume the car inside.. so $90 for a monster v8 doesnt surprise me. Im assuming it was a synthetic oil change :) dont forget, maybe they replace the air filter as well which adds at $15- $20..

for the past 3 oil changes I've been doing it myself (on the Mazda) and same brand products I spend about $30 per oil change not including air filter... so the other $40 was labor I guess...

P.S. how many quarts does the Hemi uses? I heard 6??? I guess I'll be buying the 6 pack they sell in costco :) its about $25 for synthetic.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts