Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this isnt really all that of a dramatic story, i was coming home down a local 2 lane highway, and i had been previously messing with a Maxima before, so i was cruising down the highway at about 65ish in a 50. i was the lead car and no one else was behind me for probably a hundred yards. a small white car, Corolla or something was in the oncoming lane and flashed me very quickly. i gave him the thank you wave, and as soon as i turned my attention back to the road, i saw him. Unmarked crown vic sitting in a strip mall parking lot, with the gun out the window. he had me dead to rights if i didnt slow down. i slowed to about 55 and was hoping that i slowed down when i was out of his range. i watched my mirror and he didnt pull out, so of course i was really grateful. Even more so because the guy flashing me wasnt even at risk himself of being hit by the cop. the cop was only focused on my side of the road, so this guy (or girl) was just being a courteous driver. so to everyone out there that still does this, thank you. i dont think as many people do it now as used to, but its good to see that there are other people out there that do this, its saved me more than a few times:arms:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
this isnt really all that of a dramatic story, i was coming home down a local 2 lane highway, and i had been previously messing with a Maxima before, so i was cruising down the highway at about 65ish in a 50. i was the lead car and no one else was behind me for probably a hundred yards. a small white car, Corolla or something was in the oncoming lane and flashed me very quickly. i gave him the thank you wave, and as soon as i turned my attention back to the road, i saw him. Unmarked crown vic sitting in a strip mall parking lot, with the gun out the window. he had me dead to rights if i didnt slow down. i slowed to about 55 and was hoping that i slowed down when i was out of his range. i watched my mirror and he didnt pull out, so of course i was really grateful. Even more so because the guy flashing me wasnt even at risk himself of being hit by the cop. the cop was only focused on my side of the road, so this guy (or girl) was just being a courteous driver. so to everyone out there that still does this, thank you. i dont think as many people do it now as used to, but its good to see that there are other people out there that do this, its saved me more than a few times:arms:
you know whats funny...

cops will pull you over for flashing your lights like that.

a friend of mine got pulled over for flashing her lights to warn oncoming drivers on a highway.

when he came to her door, he said: "i saw you flash your lights, are you ok? i just wanted to make sure you were not in distress or hijacked." :irked:

yeah ok dude.

not sure if you can be ticketed for somethin like that, but they may just hassle you and take your time. and if you dont have an isurance card or some other little cra, may write you a ticket.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know whats funny...

cops will pull you over for flashing your lights like that.

a friend of mine got pulled over for flashing her lights to warn oncoming drivers on a highway.

when he came to her door, he said: "i saw you flash your lights, are you ok? i just wanted to make sure you were not in distress or hijacked." :irked:

yeah ok dude.

not sure if you can be ticketed for somethin like that, but they may just hassle you and take your time. and if you dont have an isurance card or some other little cra, may write you a ticket.
i remember people saying that to me back in high school, i was never 100% sure if it was true or not. i was always worried but i figured if you got caught, at least at night, you could claim someone had their high beams on or something. i guess technically it could be obstruction of justice, but thats a bit of a stretch id think. maybe people are afraid of that so they flash less, i dunno, i try and do it when i can, especially if im the first person in line.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I like it when people do it to and I try to do the same. When I had a CB in my car, we'd call out "plain white wrappers" and "bears" all the time.

While they might hassle you for busting their trap, I can't see why it would be illegal to do it, plus you can always attribute it to "was going to flip the turn signal but the lights flashed".

Of course, there are some real stupid traffic laws in some states, so I won't be surprised if there is some stupid one that says you can't foil a speed trap.

This kind of stuff is definitely one of my pet-peeves, I would think that the reason for speeding tickets and speed traps is first and foremost, to make the roads safer, so if someone flashes and causes people to slow down, as far as I'm concerned... Mission Accomplished.

Writing tickets to fund budgets is just plain wrong.

Puzzling thing that happened to me was in two separate occasions, a cop in a speed trap position flashed at me. Not sure why, cause I was doing speed limit with my ACC, so I definitely wasn't tailgating, brights weren't on, in my lane minding my own business.

·
Registered
639 Posts
They cannot ticket you for that. 99.999% of us could absolutely care less about flashing, radar detectors,laser jammers,etc. There are plenty of others to take the place. We just want you too slow down no matter the method. There is no law that says you cannot turn on and off your headlights.:fing02:

·
Registered
84 Posts
5-0 5-0 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
158 Posts
here in toronto we just had a big case on this and its not illegal here in ontario to flash your lights to warn for cops

the guy that got a ticket for it was a well known guy that takes new cars out and give his opinion on them on a tv show and a magazine. took the police to court and won

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can be ticketed for that in Canada believe it or not. I read it recently in our local paper. The police had a blitz on speeders setting up speed traps all over the place, and they had someone in place watching for 'flashers' in the oncoming traffic!

I've no idea what they call the offence though?

I thought that was bad until I heard in the U.S. you can get a ticket for parking in front of your own house!

·
Registered
639 Posts
5-0 5-0 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Five-O works for me. Johnny Law, PO PO, and fuzz. I flash folks too. I haven't gotten a ticket in quite a while so I try to help others:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I have heard of people getting tickets for flashing and warning others, but never have I heard a first hand experience of it. I always really appreciate it when people do this, and it gives me a little more faith in the human race. Always the little things that count.:fing02:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Years ago I was on my way to a job and had a few sheets of sheet rock in my truck as I passed a speed trap I turned around and went back and spray painted "SPEED TRAP AHEAD" on a piece of sheet rock and leaned it against a street corner sign.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Years ago I was on my way to a job and had a few sheets of sheet rock in my truck as I passed a speed trap I turned around and went back and spray painted "SPEED TRAP AHEAD" on a piece of sheet rock and leaned it against a street corner sign.
LOL! Classic!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts