Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope I’m posting in the correct location — new to this forum. I spent the day trying to troubleshoot my 2014 Chrysler 300s A/C problems. I believe I’ve isolated it down to the actuators not getting sufficient power. It’s a dual zone A/C system. Tested two of the actuators out of the car —seem to work fine. Blower works fine. i can manually move the blend and mode doors to get cold or hot air. Here’s the thing, none of the A/C controls appear to change anything other than the fan speed. Tried A/C, Heat, temp up/down, recirculate, Front. None of these controls seem to change anything. I checked the voltage to the passenger blend accuator — it’s showing approx 4V regardless of control settings. Anyone have any ideas? I did check fuses that looked pertinent. BCM maybe? Thanks for your help, looking forward to your replies!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just finished 1.5 days of confusing troubleshooting on this car. All the actuators were not responding — stuck blowing heat on the floor. Turns out, on this vehicle, if you disconnect the battery (because of airbags) for a few hours the climate control does a hard reset. Problem solved (as I was putting it all back together and thinking I would have to take it to a dealer). Also, I noticed that one of the blend actuators (passenger side) had come off its track — that may have caused the climate control to get confused. So, at least at this point, the main solution was to disconnect the battery for a few hours and let the climate control do a reset. This cost me nothing after I returned an actuator I ended up not needing. Some other possible causes I found on youtube (in addition to failed climate control) included a failed humidity sensor — but that usually causes recirculate to not function. Lesson I learned here: is if multiple actuators aren’t functioning, it’s not a failed actuator problem. Hope this helps others.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts