Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start the car and the car has warmed up, the air conditioning blows hot air no matter what the temperature setting. (This isn't the situation about blowing hot air on the driver and cold air on the passenger; it is hot air throughout). Sometimes I can solve it by turning the temperature all the way down to LOW. Sometimes I can solve it by turning the A/C off and then back on.

Other times it will blow cold air no matter how high I set the temperature setting.

Bottom line, it seems that I don't have control over the temperature setting more often than not.

What can I look at?

· Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I would be suspicious of your temperature blend door actuator. On my 2012, that was replaced. Also they replaced the whole environmental control module. And I almost forgot! One time they fixed this issue by replacing the combination sun sensor/network hub. I can't imagine why those two things were combined, but they were.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be suspicious of your temperature blend door actuator. On my 2012, that was replaced. Also they replaced the whole environmental control module. And I almost forgot! One time they fixed this issue by replacing the combination sun sensor/network hub. I can't imagine why those two things were combined, but they were.
I was thinking it might be the blend door actuator (I had replaced the passenger side some years ago because of a clicking noise (turns out the gear was broken)). However, I believe that there are blend door actuators for both driver and passenger sides. Since my issues is on both sides, that would mean that both actuators are broken(?). Also, the sun sensor contributes to the A/C system? I thought that was just for judging when to turn the headlights on and dim the dash backlights.

· Premium Member
1,620 Posts
I was thinking it might be the blend door actuator (I had replaced the passenger side some years ago because of a clicking noise (turns out the gear was broken)). However, I believe that there are blend door actuators for both driver and passenger sides. Since my issues is on both sides, that would mean that both actuators are broken(?)
Now that you mention it, that makes sense. This might argue for the environmental control module or the sun sensor network hub.
Also, the sun sensor contributes to the A/C system? I thought that was just for judging when to turn the headlights on and dim the dash backlights.
Yup. All I know is that I complained about the sun sensor on my 2012 being ridiculously insensitive on the same trip as I complained about the car trying to boil me alive or flash freeze me! It's not just a sun sensor, at least on a 2012.

I traded my 2012 on a 2020 so I no longer have that part number.

· Premium Member
1,620 Posts
It looks like in this thread (post 52) I called it a "sun sensor/multiswitch".

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like in this thread (post 52) I called it a "sun sensor/multiswitch".

I'll try that. Looks like a cheap first shot at getting it fixed. $30 and I can install this myself. I'll let you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts