Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
my 06 300 is not blowing cold air at all. in autozone tell me is not the refrigerant or clutch or anything around the motor. that posibly is something wrong with a fuse or some controls i do not know were. can some one help me find the problem before taking it to the dealer?

thank you in advance

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
More often than not it is the HVAC blend door or blend door motor. It might be the controls. They can be accessed via removal of the center stack (clock, HVAC, Head unit, etc....) bezel. About all you can do, unless you are a trained tech, is check for loose connections, burnt or frayed wires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More often than not it is the HVAC blend door or blend door motor. It might be the controls. They can be accessed via removal of the center stack (clock, HVAC, Head unit, etc....) bezel. About all you can do, unless you are a trained tech, is check for loose connections, burnt or frayed wires.
i just did some research. if the controls are not working they cost around $280 dls. is this correct? also when you said removed the center stack it means to remove all the center front console. (what is the HVAC and head unit?) then check for loose connections, burnt or frayed wires.

thanks Michael.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just did some research. if the controls are not working they cost around $280 dls. is this correct? also when you said removed the center stack it means to remove all the center front console. (what is the HVAC and head unit?) then check for loose connections, burnt or frayed wires.

thanks Michael.
is this the part that can be not working see photo

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I do not know what the price is for the replacement exactly but that sounds about right.

And yes ^^^^ that is the control panel I was referring to for frayed or burned wires and loose connections.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I removed the dash and I don't see anything wrong or broken or wires burnt. Do you know how to test the controls? I did take them off already
Thanks

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
You will want to do a continuity test across the switch terminals.

Does the fan work?

When operating the controls, have you cycled between defrost, then heat, then blend? Try that and listen for the blend door to move and check the vents to see if the airflow changes at the defroster, dash and floor vents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You will want to do a continuity test across the switch terminals.

Does the fan work?

When operating the controls, have you cycled between defrost, then heat, then blend? Try that and listen for the blend door to move and check the vents to see if the airflow changes at the defroster, dash and floor vents.
Well i put all the dashboard back together and star working fine with really cold air but when i turn off the car and then put the key in ignition it makes a weird sound inside, behind the steering wheel. like if i have a cat stuck or something is broken.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Like the fan is rubbing on something?
isn't the fan in the hood? or if it is the fan then is kind of stuck. sounds like a roulette. it doesn't have a fan sequence. is in the dashboard very deep. close to the windshield behind the the steering wheel. i'll take a picture to show you where i can hear it. or try to upload a 3 sec. video
thanks
MADDOG

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
The fan is on the passenger compartment side of the firewall.

See the attached document. When viewing it, take the perspective that you sitting just to the left of the assembly on the left hand side.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts