Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Chrysler 300s
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 300s with a/c not doing its job. Last summer the system was working fine, before winter I made sure there was oil, and it had about half the regular amount of coolant left, every month during winter I would run the a/c for about 5 minutes, but never thought to make sure it was blowing cold because it was already so cold outside well I didn't run the system for a month and a half before spring I just recently turned it on because we had an unusually warm day and it's blowing Luke warm air, so I recharge the system to just under full capacity and even added oil but it runs only at a quarter of the usual cold I get from it, I can't understand any of it, please if anyone knows about this or has had the same problem could you give a little advice I just don't want to ruin the compressor by doing to much or too little if a good thing

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,647 Posts
A few questions:
1. Is the compressor working properly - you should be able to see it kick-in
2. When you recharged the system how did you measure "...recharge the system to just under full capacity". My experience with a later 300, overpressuring the AC system stops it working properly
3. Does warm air come out of all the vents as it should - there's a well known "blend door" issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.