Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a cul-de-sac but on the main drag leading from here there is a system of chicanes supposedly to reduce traffic speed. Like all good thick and cretinous local authorities believe it or not they actually have a chicane on a blind bend!! The only safe way to negotiate this chicane is to stop and check it out if heading down hill while uphill has right of way and should be able to drive through it without hesitation. Well this morning coming back home I entered the chicane going uphill at the same time as a young buck in a heap of scrap. We met in the middle but he was being trapped between my car and the crash barrier. Nothing daunted the little [email protected] stopped momentarily and then squeezed through between the back of my car and the barrier. When I stopped at the house it was to find his door mirror had dragged along the back wing of my car leaving a long black mark. Fortunately I was able to T-Cut it out but just another millimeter and I would have been down for a respray. When this chicane was erected I took issue with the Council, contacted MSP's and Councillors, wrote to the police, even contacted ROSPA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents). But the status quo had to be preserved and the half wit that designed the road layout protected from all criticism. However looks like time to take up cudgels again - and this time I am not going to give up. Has anyone ever figured out why it is that Roads Engineers actually dislike people using their roads? You would think that a department like that would be staffed by keen and enthusiastic road users rather than a bunch of total tosspots. Perhaps if the car had sustained permanent damage and I had simply deducted the cost of repair from my Community Charge payments it might have wakened the dozy illegitimate sons of camels up.
Cheers John

·
Registered
623 Posts
Nicely put John, I agree 100%

These so called "roads engineers" are there to put obstacled in the way, close off "rat runs", install speed bumps and to make it totally impossible to get anywhere any more.

Add to that the fact that Siemens traffic lights can now have all the timings and sequences controlled from council HQ and we're pretty near the end.

Either we will have to have a revolution or Britain will end up third world. Sad but true. The government just can't get the link between how traffic movement and costs reflects on the economy on a whole. F*cking muppets!

·
Registered
221 Posts
We have loads of traffic calming (or should that be driver infuriating) measures around here - but don't get me ranting again about speed humps.

We have a ring road around the town that some muppet decided should be reduced from 2 lanes to 1 and the speed limit should be changed from its original 60mph to a mixture of 30 and 40mph - the problem is, in parts the changes between 30 and 40mph occur every 500 yards or so - how sane is that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts