Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....got most of my pioneer d3 installed today. Did all the wiring, programmed the steering wheel controls, and hooked up the ipod, bluetooth and sirius. tomorrow i have to secure the bluetooth and sirius down, as well as connect the cd changer. i have a couple of questions before i finish my install tomorrow:

1) There are ALOT of wires back there...it took me a forever to clear a space to just get the radio in, and i ended up breaking 2 tabs on the metra dash kit to screw the unit down. I'm picking up a new metra dash kit tomorrow, but what is the best way to consolidate these wires? zip ties? any place to kind of "stash" them besides directly behind the radio?

2) Right now the Sirius and Bluetooth adapters are sitting in the glovebox. Where is the best place to mount them? I took off the glovebox door, and there is some space behind there, but how would i be able to secure these things behind the glovebox? is there a better location to put them besides there?

I also did the bypass - works great. 1 side note is that i programmed the nav, and when i got within .5 and 0 miles of the next turn, the radio would mute for a few seconds, and then go back to playing music. no voice guidance came on - is this a wiring thing i messed up or is it just something in the options of the unit i have to play with? thanks guys!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I put extra wires and items like bluetooth adaptor in the opening on the right side next to the glove box, not actually in it. I put the pac harnesses under the bracket bar the navigation unit sits on. I placed my metra harness back behind the navigation unit behind the bar. There are a ton of wires but it fits. I didn't break any harness screws (yet lol). I also am putting the ipod connector in the glove box (no more space).

What do you have your voice guidance volume set to?

·
Registered
470 Posts
"options of the unit i have to play with? thanks guys!"

it's an option. you have to turn guidance vol. on.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks guys - i finished it up yesterday and everything is great. however i have a new question:
i have the metra bracket, and when i put the unit in and then into the dash, it doesn't fit flush all the way around....the unit is recessed on the bottom, but not the top. is this the way its supposed to look? im going to look now for some pics of people with the unit installed in their 300, but if anybody can help me out that'd be great!

EDIT: Just went outside and played with it and realized i forgot to screw in the side support brackets of the metra dash kit to the radio -fixed it and now it sits flush like its supposed to!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts