Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you are aware I have had problems with my 300CRD from day one (wheels coroding and dashboard with a big bubble on the passenger side)
When these got replaced my steering became very very heavy.
The car has been back in to get new power steering pump and new rack.
The problem is till not resolved so it was booked in for yesterday.
After picking my son up from school we were heading down the M8 third lane just pas the Renfrew turn when a complete and utter failure occoured, engine died (70mph) no steering aid , we quickly put on the hazzards and jousted our way accross two lanes of traffic to find the hard shoulder coned off. squeezing between cones we came to a halt.
The car was showing a red light ) lightning bolt( at the bottom left. It refused to start.(9500 miles) We contacted MM who told us to contact Chrysler assistance, After getting through the first time I was cut off, the second time was the same then the third time the guy said he would stay on the line until I got through....10 minutes later (really 10 minutes) nothing... I was constantly rying to re-start the car,,, eventually the thing fired up and we drove at a sedate 50 mph to MM with the engine warning light on .

What I would like to know is where do I stand the car has been back so many times for repair (still not fixed the problem) each time I am out of pocket for insuring their car.. each time I am without my car and the faith I had in the car is dwindling to say the least... I have custom parts I bought in the states but have not put them on until the steering problem is fixed.

Sorry for moaning but I really need to know how I stand.

Cheers

Stig

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Wow, you were damned lucky not to get shunted. When the M8 is busy it can be deadly and with a dead stick engine ................ doesn't bear thinking about.
I have little or no knowledge about diesel engines but would tend to think that the fact that it did finally restart would indicate a control problem - probably ECU. While your faith in the car must be severely dented I very much doubt if at this stage in the game you would get a refund or a replacement car from Chrysler. That of course is not a reason not to ask for one!! I would think by now you should be asking for a Chrysler engineer to examine the vehicle and perhaps a meeting with the Chrysler representative. Shout a lot about unfit for purpose and Sale of Goods Act etc - but ultimately - good luck (and I mean that most sincerely).
Cheers John

·
Registered
134 Posts
For what its worth why not have it examined by an Independent Source AA or similar. I know this will cost more money but might assist in any possible future dispute. You may be able to get Legal advice under your Home Insurance policy. I have used this route in the past with some success. Whatever you do, don't take no for an answer. Also STRESS the fact that your son was in the car at the time. I really hope you get this sorted.

ATB Gizmo

·
Registered
102 Posts
As some of you are aware I have had problems with my 300CRD from day one (wheels coroding and dashboard with a big bubble on the passenger side)
When these got replaced my steering became very very heavy.
The car has been back in to get new power steering pump and new rack.
The problem is till not resolved so it was booked in for yesterday.
After picking my son up from school we were heading down the M8 third lane just pas the Renfrew turn when a complete and utter failure occoured, engine died (70mph) no steering aid , we quickly put on the hazzards and jousted our way accross two lanes of traffic to find the hard shoulder coned off. squeezing between cones we came to a halt.
The car was showing a red light ) lightning bolt( at the bottom left. It refused to start.(9500 miles) We contacted MM who told us to contact Chrysler assistance, After getting through the first time I was cut off, the second time was the same then the third time the guy said he would stay on the line until I got through....10 minutes later (really 10 minutes) nothing... I was constantly rying to re-start the car,,, eventually the thing fired up and we drove at a sedate 50 mph to MM with the engine warning light on .

What I would like to know is where do I stand the car has been back so many times for repair (still not fixed the problem) each time I am out of pocket for insuring their car.. each time I am without my car and the faith I had in the car is dwindling to say the least... I have custom parts I bought in the states but have not put them on until the steering problem is fixed.

Sorry for moaning but I really need to know how I stand.

Cheers

Stig
hi stig

call your dealer
you can have a hire car from them not one of the deal cars but one from eur car
i have probs with my car the ecu light is nor the swellpots
they sit under the tubo air pipe and the tubo pipe leeks oil in to the pots
they fill up and do not work
the have done mine 2 times /rack /driver seat /pas pump /water leek
all of wich i had a car on hire from chrysler foc

eddie
ring me if you like 07752332048
[email protected] :arms:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
It is not just diesel that is dying while driving. There have been numerous reports of gasoline cars shutting off while driving. No TSB/recall has yet been issued.

The problem is no trouble codes are stored when the car's have been shutting off, so the dealers are helpless to figure it out. If you are lucky and you did store a trouble code, then there is a good chance the dealer will have some place to start looking. I sure hope Chrysler issues a TSB/recall soon before someone gets killed/injured.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
my gas motor has been ok,I've had her nearly 3 years now,the only problem I had was once when car was moving all the idiot lights came on,every single one of them,engine still ran,so I stopped the car,recycled the ignition and that was that,end of story

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Any word on your car yet Stig? Have Murray Motors indicated the nature of the problem and what is going to be involved in the repair. You have had a rough old time with your car - let's hope this solves the problems
Cheers John

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody for your concern. I have discussed the problems with MM and their head salesman has taken up my case with Chrysler UK, in the 8 months of ownership, 5 of those months have been with the dodgy steering and the engine problem was the last straw.
MM say they are rebuilding the power steering, apparently 3 tubes but have to wait 5 days for the parts to arrive. Their diagnostic machine has broken so they couldnt say what the engine failure was.
My feeling is that this is a friday night monday morning car and I do not feel safe or happy about owning it (voiced to MM), when I contacted Chrysler UK they said they would have nothing to do with it as it was between me and the dealer as it was an Ex-demo.
Talking to JK today he said that he was talking with chrysler UK. He mentioned a mineral grey with 11500 on the clock no sunroof but the rest the same, mine has done 9500 and I said no ! as why should I take a higher mileage car with less spec when for 5+ months of the 8 of ownership I have had problems.
When I hear anything else I will let you know.

Thanks again for all your support.

Stig

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Stig,
I see from the posting on SatNav and CD Changer that you are getting another car. What is the score - are they giving you a new one but with lower spec or what? Is it down to MM or Chrysler UK. Give us an update.
Cheers John

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi John

I dont want to jinx things by saying anything yet but another car is supposed to be in my possesion by next wednesday so will post all the ins and outs then, but just to say it looks promising. There is no satnav 6cd changer that is why I was asking Florin how much ? but he is saying he paid £2100 yet it costs £1800 with the facia plate and fitting ? froom MM ? still I'll wait and see as I'm not desperate for satnav but would be nice at the right price.

Cheers

Stig

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Ok Stig, I will await developments with interest. I take it we are talking a NEW replacement? The CD Changer is virtually a necessity these days but to be honest I reckon Tom-Tom 6 on my mobile phone is better than what Chrysler gives us - but it looks good in the centre of the dash.
Cheers John.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gizmo thanks for your response and yes I did see your posting which looked great, tell me did you have to source all the stuff for installation then buy it then give it to beaver audio or did they do the whole kit and caboodle.

Cheers

Stig

PS. John it isnt a new car but is a lot less mileage. (stay tuned)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Stig,
Beaver ordered all the kit and fitted it. It took a couple of hours. They are a really nice bunch of guys and I would recommend them. I could have bought the kit myself and asked them to fit it but I felt the saving was not really worth it. The thing to note is that this was the first 300 they had done and as I had been told it was not possible to do by two other companies I was a bit worried. All went without a hitch and I was very impressed.

ATB Gizmo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts