Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

I was wondering, as a favor to me, could you guys post a pic of the dash from the 300. I want real pics of it with the car on.

What I want to see is the difference between the 300C (and Limited) and the Touring and Base models.

What are some of the goodes in the dash for the C (and L) version?

Thanks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh wow, thanks a lot Joey!

BTW, would you happen to have pics of the dash in the C/L as well?

Thanks again. This is why I love this forum.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Here are a couple of photos (taken during the day with the accessories on) and a few of the dash (taken at night with the lights on) from my '300 Touring' model. The last photo shows the ashtray compartment open in order to display the Smokers Group option; however, neither the ashtray surround nor the lighter element assembly itself have a back-lighting feature. Aside from maybe the 'Signature Series' Touring model, my particular '300 Touring' model came with most of the available options...hope this helps.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Gary, Mr. DJ and once again, Joey.

What I was looking for was covered. I wanted to see the difference in the top screen between the Speedometer and the RPM meter.

Just what I was worried about, the Touring gets a cheap odemeter. I wanted the screen that the C has because of the Temp readout and also because Bluetooth shows up there as well. And I think nav has such interaction as well if i'm not mistaken. :(

I don't know why Chrysler bothers with such small things. I can't wait to get the Signature Series Touring i'm getting (Finally!) but I still can't believe they didn't put Steering Wheel Controls on it....a Toyota Camry LE has that, and its over 10k cheaper then my car.

But thanks again guys :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
It was my pleasure. I'm envious, that was my first choice of '300 Touring' model that you're getting, but I'm still happy with my car irregardless. Here's a nighttime photo of a back-lit '300C' or '300 Limited' model dash that I got from 'allpar.com'. It sure is a better photo than I can take...enjoy.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mr.DJ said:
It was my pleasure. I'm envious, that was my first choice of '300 Touring' model that you're getting, but I'm still happy with my car irregardless. Here's a nighttime photo of a back-lit '300C' or '300 Limited' model dash that I got from 'allpar.com'. It sure is a better photo than I can take...enjoy.
Heh, how come you didn't get the Sig Series then? I really love the value o it. The other day I tried building a Touring with everything I am getting except Nav and it came up to 31,100. The sticker on my car is 30,900 (i'm getting for 29,900) and thats with the nav, which alone is what, like $2000. Plus I get me some nice two tone seats, LOL!

Thanks again guys. And for those who care. The car is going to be coming over from another dealership tomorrow. But I work on saturday so I will probably go pick it up on Monday or Tuesday. I'm so excited!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Nice Denverr, is that a aftermarket brushed alimunium dash kit? Looks really nice!

EDIT: You know what, I was thinking there was something wierd about your car. How do you have Navigation in your base? I was on Chryslers site to make sure and I was right, you cannot build a base with navigation in there. How'd you do it Denverr? Buy one of eBay?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Glad to help Taha; Yes the EVIC between the speedo and tach is a multipurpose display including your personal settings for all sorts of things, and yes, the navigation system, turn-by-turn information is also displayed here as well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for clearing that up Gary. I knew I had heard that some where. Just for curiousity, could you take some pics of the Nav and other pics of "all sorts of things" when you have time? I'd like to see how they look :)

Oh and damn you Chrysler! Why couldn't you put something that tiny into the Touring model!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Taha24 said:
thanks for clearing that up Gary. I knew I had heard that some where. Just for curiousity, could you take some pics of the Nav and other pics of "all sorts of things" when you have time? I'd like to see how they look :)

Oh and damn you Chrysler! Why couldn't you put something that tiny into the Touring model!
Sure: Give me a couple of days. Anything specific in mind?

·
Registered
122 Posts
GaryCampbell said:
Here is one I took last night when I was doing the others for you; It shows the display you get when using the nav unit while playing MP3 folders.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Taha24 said:
Heh, how come you didn't get the Sig Series then? I really love the value o it. The other day I tried building a Touring with everything I am getting except Nav and it came up to 31,100. The sticker on my car is 30,900 (i'm getting for 29,900) and thats with the nav, which alone is what, like $2000. Plus I get me some nice two tone seats, LOL!

Thanks again guys. And for those who care. The car is going to be coming over from another dealership tomorrow. But I work on saturday so I will probably go pick it up on Monday or Tuesday. I'm so excited!
...and you just can't hide it...

Yeah, I too was impressed with the value and appeal of the 'Signature Series'. Evidently, so was that particular SoCal dealership who basically had the only one left in California (from Sacramento down to San Diego). Not only were they proud of this particular vehicle, but their Sales Manager and General Manager insisted that they would 'allow me' to purchase it for about $34,000, but only with the condition that I wouldn't pay cash for it. They instead insisted that I finance it through Chrysler financial; otherwise, they would be losing money on the deal if I didn't...yeah, right! Since this smelled like 'kickback' to me, I refused to become their victim at my expense, especially since I didn't need nor want their $1,000 financing rebate offer anyway.

Since I also couldn't find a '300C' at a reasonable price (being quoted anywhere from three to ten grand above 'sticker' by all of the dealers who I had contacted here in CA), I eventually found a fully-optioned '300 Touring' model (sans SIRIUS, Navigation, and power moonroof) at less than what you're paying for your car...but mine isn't a 'Signature Series' either. I've got a feeling that the 'Signature Series' models just might become collectible somewhere down the road and another reason for me wanting one so badly...enjoy and congratulations on your great deal.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GaryCampbell said:
Oh just pics like what shows up in the tach/ode when it tells your a direction in the nav, or when you get a call, or radio, just stuff like that.

And nice pic of the MP3 player. I've already started on creating my MP3 Cds :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts