Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few shots from today after I got her cleaned up.
The amp installs are very simple but VERY sturdy, bolted through metal at the top & bottom.. when I go back to upgrade the head unit to the eclipse 5495 in a couple of months we will do a little more to amp racks to hide the wiring and give the amps themselves a little protection from guitars cases sliding around during "spirited" cornering ;)

I wanted to conserve my trunk space and go for a fairly inconspicuos upgrade. I just wanted it to sound better and now it does!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I assume Devin was the one that fabricated those amp mounts? Looks great. I'm jealous. He said those DLS 3 ways came out sounding amazing. One of these days during a socal meet we need to have a sound off! :D

I'm in the same boat on having an amp rack made one of these days. Unfortunately I have a moneypit of a convertible that needs serious attention before I can continue messing with the 300c. It needs a full system and alarm...

Some more of Devin's work:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rogue, awesome installs..

I really like the industrial aesthetic of the aluminum he (Devin) uses not to mention the strength!

The DLS speakers sound great, if I were forced to find a weak spot I would say they might be a tad pushy in the mids. Not muddy or anything and definitely on the good side of warm and full.. I am interested to hear if that smooths out a little when I eventually upgrade the head unit and get a real nice clean signal sent to the amps.

It could be any of the other factors in the system affecting the tone I guess.. not necessarily the spkrs themselves. In general I find them very accurate and detailed with plenty of warmth and punch when driven hard.

How's your system treating you? You got the nav installed recently right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts