Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Y2K5SRT said:
Dux - We GREATLY appreciate it! And in order to bolster your case a little more, I compared the two pictures that are on this thread so far - mine and sspray's (rotated mine to be at a similar angle to sspray):

Now I am no lawyer (although I play one on TV), but it seems pretty obvious that something very near to identical did this to these wheels. How so? See for yourself:

If you also have a cut on your tire my guess is that you have these two marks as well.
Nice graphics! I would take your case.:)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
maybe the straps holding down the vehicle on the transport truck?? Just a thought!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Y2K5SRT said:
Dux - We GREATLY appreciate it! And in order to bolster your case a little more, I compared the two pictures that are on this thread so far - mine and sspray's (rotated mine to be at a similar angle to sspray):

Now I am no lawyer (although I play one on TV), but it seems pretty obvious that something very near to identical did this to these wheels. How so? See for yourself:

If you also have a cut on your tire my guess is that you have these two marks as well.

Let me know how it goes with the dealer - I will put a call into them again. Many thanks for your help!!
Finally got an old camera to work, sort of. Here's my wheel:

Looks pretty clear to me.

Great work on the comparison diagrams.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
dux said:
Finally got an old camera to work, sort of. Here's my wheel:

Looks pretty clear to me.
Wow! Should be pretty hard for anybody (dealership or otherwise) to argue with these...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Guys, I hate to burst the bubble here on getting these wheels fixed. I went through this with my rear rim being damaged. These Allow polished rims do NOT fix well AT ALL. Mine had to be turned all the way around the rim and then it did not match the Polished look what-so-ever and this was from a professional shop that does about 5 to 15 sets of damaged rims a day.

In the end, this was the deciding factor in having my Rims chromed, which in this case is not an option for you guys just for a simple fix.

My advice is to NOT go the route of trying to fix the rims. I would have the dealership replace all the damaged Rims. You will not be happy with the results of an attempted fix, take my word for it.

I ended up widening my rear rims out to 11.5" too, but the chroming and widening was not the reason it took 3 months to get my rims back on the car, it was the the 1.5 months trying to get the rim to look stock agian. The rest of the time was widening, shipping and chroming and reshipping.

This is a real shame! The size of the deal shouldn't be a factor in getting this resolved. You got a great deal on a "new" vehicle. Not a damaged one. These are definatley from the tie down straps being tightened too much. I have seen this on other vehicles. It looks like an open and shut case to us. I'd push it until they fix it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree with the above post. I had a repair to one of mine, and at first it looked good. When I got home and looked closely, the paint on the inside was buffed away in places, the clear had nits in it, and it just didn't look as good as the others. That was the best I could do at the time, and in retrospect, should have demanded a new rim.

·
Registered
37 Posts
To the Cut Wheel Gang:

Quick update -- got back in town, and finally got back to the dealer to see where we all stand on this issue.

Nothing good to report. Basically, their position is that we all kind of messed up when we left the lot without spotting the damage.

It's BS, but at the same time, it's a small enough nick, and I'm having enough fun with my ride, that I'm starting to wonder how hard I'm willing to fight.

The case is pretty clear to me, but I think the best we could get is an offer to fix the rims, not replace them. I'm not sure if that's worth it.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I kinda wondered where this had gone and never even bothered calling the dealership on it, especially as they are almost 1000 miles away. Heck, the wife is more upset about it than I am. I will make a couple calls on Monday and see what I can find out, but I do think it is worth pursuing on a new car. I know when I bought Vipers they would fix/replace similar issues found weeks after delivery...

dux said:
To the Cut Wheel Gang:

Quick update -- got back in town, and finally got back to the dealer to see where we all stand on this issue.

Nothing good to report. Basically, their position is that we all kind of messed up when we left the lot without spotting the damage.

It's BS, but at the same time, it's a small enough nick, and I'm having enough fun with my ride, that I'm starting to wonder how hard I'm willing to fight.

The case is pretty clear to me, but I think the best we could get is an offer to fix the rims, not replace them. I'm not sure if that's worth it.

Thoughts?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts