Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 months with a non Chrysler wing on my wonderful E&G mesh grille, I got a factory wing. To my suprise it's plastic :eek: , I don't know what I expected. It has two mounting tabs as if to plug into a hole which will have to be dremmeled, good that it is plastic. I got it from Wyckoff from thier website specifically for the E&G grille but this is a generic wing, should work fine and get the proper look,. ANY THOUGHTS
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
G'day II kings 9:20.

I ordered the mesh grille and the wing too. I arrived here on Monday, 7 days after despatch which is good for around the other side of the world.

Yep, the wing is plastic and has the locating lugs. I guess once it is on the uninitiated would not spot the fact that it isn't steel.

It will be a long time before I have the car to install it on but I am planning to cut the locating lugs off like you.

BTW, my wife loved the wing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back from Vegas so soon H57, I saw in another post you are looking at delivery 10/05, just more time to collect all your mods before the car arrives :D . On the bright side, the wing included the center medallion exactly the same as the trunk wing, also plastic which I guess is not really a big deal, since the whole stainless grille only cost $265 shipped, a $41 wing looks steep.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Back from Vegas so soon H57, I saw in another post you are looking at delivery 10/05, just more time to collect all your mods before the car arrives :D . On the bright side, the wing included the center medallion exactly the same as the trunk wing, also plastic which I guess is not really a big deal, since the whole stainless grille only cost $265 shipped, a $41 wing looks steep.
My 300c hasn't arrived yet but I placed my order for the mesh grill and the medallion. Very disappointed to hear the medallion is plastic. :( Is there another option?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
I have a mesh grill with center bar from Wyckoff, but I ordered the LX rear emblem from him. I found the part# in this forum some where. Thats what a lot of people are using. Does not have the tabs on it so no need to dremel.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
Back from Vegas so soon H57, I saw in another post you are looking at delivery 10/05, just more time to collect all your mods before the car arrives :D . On the bright side, the wing included the center medallion exactly the same as the trunk wing, also plastic which I guess is not really a big deal, since the whole stainless grille only cost $265 shipped, a $41 wing looks steep.
II kings 9:20, that visit to Vegas and beyond is a distant memory unfortunately. Starting to plan the next one :)

I was gonna mention that the plastic bar/emblem/wing is not a big deal to me when you figure that most vehicles out there today have all their badges made outta plastic. Should be pretty durable.

On the collecting of more mods B4 the car arrives, it would be just my luck that the "06 car changed the design slightly and the stuff like the grille does not fit, D'oh. I would need to peddle the grille on eBay to one of you nice American's ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The E&G wing is stainless but lacks the depth and thickness of the DC wing, Plastic is everywhere on many cars, bumpers, badges, rockers even fenders on some. I was hoping for a stainless or aluminum DC wing but I guess that would cost a fortune.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the new wing on the Mesh E&G grille and it is indeed very nice, no longer disappointed. Getting the old wing off was easy but the recommended dental floss from another thread kept braking. After warming with a hair dryer, I used picture frame cable to slide undreneath the wing and strip it off, WD40 and Goof off got the residual glue off. New wing on looking fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,096 Posts
Hemi57 said:
II kings 9:20, that visit to Vegas and beyond is a distant memory unfortunately. Starting to plan the next one :)

I was gonna mention that the plastic bar/emblem/wing is not a big deal to me when you figure that most vehicles out there today have all their badges made outta plastic. Should be pretty durable.

On the collecting of more mods B4 the car arrives, it would be just my luck that the "06 car changed the design slightly and the stuff like the grille does not fit, D'oh. I would need to peddle the grille on eBay to one of you nice American's ;)
Hey, a couple of nice Canadians might like it too. Let's keep it in the Commonwealth or I'll sick Crocodile Dundee on you. LOL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
Mikeyjohn, apologies about that, I should have said "North Amercians".

Hey, I would be more concerned about Steve the Crocodile Hunter than old Paul "Croc Dundee". Crikey :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,096 Posts
Hemi57 said:
Mikeyjohn, apologies about that, I should have said "North Amercians".

Hey, I would be more concerned about Steve the Crocodile Hunter than old Paul "Croc Dundee". Crikey :D
Ya, you're right, he might dangle you like he did with his baby, not too smart.

Hope your car gets there quick. Will it have right side steering? :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
Hi Mikeyjohn,

LOL. :)

Yes, Australia is Right Hand Drive territory, same as in the UK, Japan, Asia & South Africa.

In Australia we are only allowed to drive LHD cars which are over 30 years old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Nolmscheid said:
I have a mesh grill with center bar from Wyckoff, but I ordered the LX rear emblem from him. I found the part# in this forum some where. Thats what a lot of people are using. Does not have the tabs on it so no need to dremel.
What he said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
MikeyJohn, you're an old 300mclub.org forums guy aren't you?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top