Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple photos from Friday night... SRT8 central :grouphug:

Traction was really tough and I ran a best of [email protected], and that was with a 60 foot of 2.054. My worst of 9 runs was 13.091 and my lowest trap was 109.74 so I was happy. I had some fun kills that night, muscle cars, to ricer specials so I feel like my car is running strong for the mods. DA was between +600-700 so we had some pretty good air for Ohio.

You can really see here how mismatched the paint is on my new front spoiler. No worries, it's going back in for a repaint in 10 days and a MOPAR dub grille is going on too! Bling:cool:

Eric

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Sounds like you enjoyed your day at the track. I love the photo of the Charger with all the ice packs on the engine. I can definitely see the mismatch of paint color. Hope the repaint and new grille work out well for you, Eric.

bruno

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Eric adding BLING to his ride...No Way! I thought you were all about HP?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
That definitely looks like 5-o-clock shadow on the 300CSRT8! LOL

Nice times!

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric adding BLING to his ride...No Way! I thought you were all about HP?
Yeah, I may even remove the side moldings. Wait...no:twak:

Yeah, it's going to be a big step for me. Who knows where I'm going to end up now:biggrin: Some clear side markers, led tails, gangsta tint...my wife will love it:twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

Eric

·
Registered
903 Posts
What's that you're pouring into your tank? Have you compared runs with and without? I'm guessing its some 100 octane race fuel.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's that you're pouring into your tank? Have you compared runs with and without? I'm guessing its some 100 octane race fuel.
Yes, it is 100 octane unleaded. I think the difference is more mental than anything else...meaning I haven't noticed anything in the two times I've used it but I will continue to tinker.

On Mike's Charger, he dynoed less with straight 100 octane than he did with a premium/100 octane blend. No dyno was done on only premium though. I've been trying to blend fuel knowing that, but I only run Sunoco 94 and tuned my car on the dyno to Sunoco 94 so I may not be seeing any benefit from the 100. I'm not done experimenting yet though.

Eric

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm tempted to try some if I can ever get out to a track. When I do go I want to beat my friend's SRT8. He has the magnaflow catback, CAI and the same guy dyno'd his car. Last time we raced was prior to the diablo and I had that stupid suitcase delete. I lost with a 13.3 to his 13.1. I need revenge...

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd say with your crappy 91 octane CA gas you will probably see a benefit. I'd recommend trying to get to the gas light turning on and then dumping in 2 gallons or so of 100. That will hopefully get you into the 94-95 range. I cannot imagine with our compression ratios(what - 10.3 or 10.5?) that an octane any higher would actually help.

Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts