Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9 months and 13,000 miles. Just lost my 2013 300 S to the flood of all floods in Philly last night. Completely submerged at one point last night with 6 feet of water. Walt is totaled :censored:. The silver lining: I had full coverage and I get to shop for 300's again!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
After a moment of silence... Good grief. You sure it's totaled? One of my friends succeeded in saving his vintage Mustang after a flood.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A vintage mustang is one thing, but I don't want my daily driver flooded above it's head and then rebuilt and expect to last for another 150-200K miles. That spells nothing but problems. I sure hope it's totaled. Early indications from the insurance provider say yes, but we the adjuster comes out tomorrow to confirm.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Those rains were incredible yesterday.

It sucks to lose your car - here's hoping they total it out and you get to go shopping again. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: Philly300

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
sorry to hear about your 300, but glad you have coverage.

Back in the 90's we fished my brother's sunfire from a flood. He got caught in one of our record rain storms and had to leave his car in 6 feet of water.

It took us a month to get to the point where we could get the engine looked at (the interior was a mess and don't even remind me of the smell). After getting the engine cleaned up and worked on he did drive that car for another 100K miles.

So it is possible to recover, but I'm hoping you are able to replace the car and not have the thought of a flood in your mind. I wouldn't wish anyone having to live with a car that has been under water.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Yikes!! Sorry to hear that but like you said, time to go shopping again I guess :) Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am VERY sorry to hear you had to suffer going through that and your loss (I've never exerpienced anything like that myself).

However, I'm glad to hear you'll probably be obtaining another 300. I too bought mine (an "S") last year; who knows, maybe now that you've put your first through it's paces you might consider changing things up with a different model or option set (e.g., GOTTA have SafetyTec...!), or not. Clean slate.

In any event, these tangible things are replacable - just glad you yourself are safe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am VERY sorry to hear you had to suffer going through that and your loss (I've never exerpienced anything like that myself).

However, I'm glad to hear you'll probably be obtaining another 300. I too bought mine (an "S") last year; who knows, maybe now that you've put your first through it's paces you might consider changing things up with a different model or option set (e.g., GOTTA have SafetyTec...!), or not. Clean slate.

In any event, these tangible things are replacable - just glad you yourself are safe.
Agree with everything you said. Last car had Luxury group and Nav. This time I think I want Nav, Safetec and Light Group. I came to realize the only feature I really loved and used from the luxury group was the heated steering wheel.

It was such a pain finding what I wanted last time WITHOUT a sunroof - I'm too tall and hit my head on the roof. I instantly started shopping the Varvatos today but no luck so far. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Sorry to hear this, hope the new ride brings you as much joy. Good luck & keep us updated :fing02:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts