Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am proud to start May 2005 as a supporting vendor of the 300C Forums.

Continue reading to find out a little about DC CarCare and why I am here:

When I decided that the 300 was on my short list of cars to buy, I looked for on-line resources to help me make the decision. I was thrilled to find the 300C forums and the group here quickly answered my questions.

A friendly dealer (Roanoke Motors in Roanoke IL) and a decent discount sealed the deal. They had to find my color/options at another dealer and trade cars, but within a week, I was driving my new 300C in Magnesium

Since then I have used the 300C Forums to solve a couple minor problems and learn more about this new hot rod.

Here is a little background on myself and DC CarCare:

My business is selling automotive (and truck/boat etc) detailing supplies. DC CarCare does not detail cars except my own, but I have had several national champion show cars and through years of buying products that mostly don't work for my own use, I developed a list of things that DID work and procedures that were helpful.

I started my mail order/internet business about 10 years ago. At the time I owned a Chassis Dyno business (DynoJet) in Peoria, IL. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but Peoria is about 500,000 people shy of being a good location for that type of business. But part of that business was selling a few accessories and some detailing products. When the dyno business had to fold, I started DC CarCare.

I posted my first on-line web site through a free site provider, but soon found better locations. I taught my youngest son about computers and as these things go, in short order he had surpassed my knowledge and is now my Webmaster. I still do things the simple way, thus my web site is pretty elemental and I like it that way. Just the basics. Information and a picture.

Everything I sell is an item that I personally use and have tested. I won't sell something just to offer it unless it offers a real benifit. Thus I only sell one paste wax and one liquid wax. When I find something better I will sell it. Profit doesn't enter the picture as I sell whatever I find at the best price I can and still make enough to keep the business going.

I have no desire to be a huge retailer, I like talking to my customers. If we got a lot bigger I would have to hire someone to answer the phone, and they won't know the products and customers like I do.

I add just a few products a year, and am always on the look-out for new stuff so if you find something you like, let me know about it.

I plan on offering several special promotions and group buys for the 300C Forum members.

As always, we have a tech line and you are welcome to call that to talk car care, or visit our extensive TIPS section:

http://dccarcare.com/tipowk/tips.html

Some of my ideas may not suit you, so like anything, you can pick and choose what works for you, but all my tips DO work and are tested.

Again, I am happy to be associated with 300C Forums. Visit my site and let me know what you think.

Don Mallinson, President
DC CarCare

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Welcome and thanks for being a supporting vendor Don! Hope it's a great experience for you :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Don! Imagine my surprise to find a fellow SHOtimer in this forum. I'm interested in the Charger R/T but the 300C is on my list as well. I'm glad to see DC Car Car is a forum sponsor. You served the SHO community well so I know you'll serve the 300C community just as well.

Regards,
Mark Kelley (aka TomServo92)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mark,

I still have three SHO's, they are like collecting salt and pepper shakers, (I don't, but I hear other people do!) :) just a bit bigger and more expensive.

I love my 300 Hemi. The car makes me feel like a king when driving it, and I don't mind at all that there are now a lot of them on the road, it still gets lots of looks.

I considered the Charger, but the looks just didn't appeal to me, although I have to admit it looks a lot better in person and after I watched it go around on the turnstile at the Peoria, IL auto show this last spring, I decided maybe I could like the car. Driving should be just like the 300, which is superb.

I chose the regular 300 over the SRT-8 deciding the 340 hp was more than enough to entertain, and I wanted a better all-around ride for my daily driver car.

I am still putting on the SHO Conventions, with the most recent one coming up in July in Indianapolis. I won't have the 300 there though!

Good to hear from you again, drive both the charger and the 300 and get the one that "trips your trigger" as a good friend of mine is fond of saying.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don,

I haven't had a SHO since 2001 but I've stayed on the mailing list although I rarely posting anything to it. Right now I have an '04 Mazda6 (great car BTW!) but I figure I'll replace it in '06. My employeer is a DC supplier so I get a discount on DC products. I wasn't crazy about the Charger styling at first but it's grown on me the more I see it. I'll check out the 300C as well.

Mark

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark,

The Charger styling is growing on me too, but I think the 300C was still the best choice for me.

Saw a few of them in the Hot Rod Power Tour this Sunday (6-5-05) as it came through Bloomington IL. There were a couple of SHO's too.

Let us know what you chose. Oh, another ex-SHO owner bought a Mazda 6 and he loves it. Pretty much exactly what the SHO V6 was, except updated a little. v6 220 hp, manual tranny and FWD. Might want to check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dynodon said:
Mark,

The Charger styling is growing on me too, but I think the 300C was still the best choice for me.

Saw a few of them in the Hot Rod Power Tour this Sunday (6-5-05) as it came through Bloomington IL. There were a couple of SHO's too.

Let us know what you chose. Oh, another ex-SHO owner bought a Mazda 6 and he loves it. Pretty much exactly what the SHO V6 was, except updated a little. v6 220 hp, manual tranny and FWD. Might want to check it out.
The 300C is intriguing. My girlfriend has been pointing them out every time she sees one. Do ya think that might be a hint??? :)

My Mazda6 does remind me alot of my old SHO (except that it has a MUCH better stock suspension). The engine even has that little "kick" like the Yamaha has except that it's the VVT kicking in instead of the short runners opening up. I test drove all the competitors (Accord/Camry/Altima) and even though some had more power, the Mazda won hands down for being a better overall package IMO.

Well, it looks like I'll have to pay a visit to a Chrysler dealer to look at a 300C. I'm already on the call list for when the Charger's start arriving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts