Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a dealer, in Columbus, Ohio, that because of their high pressure sale practices, I do not normally do business. In 15 years, I have only used the dealership for test drives and oil changes. It appears now, that record will remain unchanged.

They had a Cool Vanilla 300C, with the equipment configuration that I want: all options except for moonroof, satillite radio and uconnect. It had GPS nav, protection group, adjustable pedals, California wood package. In making the deal we were $1-2,000 off making a deal. In order to make the deal I had to do Chrysler financing, which I was not sure that I wanted to do. Wanted to pay cash. I did not refuse the deal but, asked if I could think about it over the weekend and let them know Monday A.M. They said okay and the salesman said that he would hold onto our paperwork. I left the dealership at 11:30 A.M. on Saturday. I decided to call back at 4:45 to ask how soon I could pay-off the Chrysler financing (after closing the deal) and what the interest cost would be. I had been told that I could pay off the Chrysler financing, any time without penality. My salesman went to check on what the cost would be. He came back with bad news... another salesman had sold the car.

After saying they would hold the car, the pucks sold the car out from under me!!! A car that had sat on the lot for a week and they could not hold it for another day!!! They could not tell the other party, that a sale was pending
and that they would get back with them Monday afternoon.

If it was not so hard to get a 300C, I would have told the sales manager to forget the whole deal, in a most impolite way. That was the first car, that I ever saw on a dealer's lot with nav and no moonroof. Fat change that any other dealer in the area will have that equipment configuration. I have contacted five other local dealers to find the 300C that I want. I hope they find a car before the other bums. I do not care to give the dealer that sold my car out from under me, a dime to get my 300C.

From another dealer, I was told that the wait for sold orders is STILL 3-4 months for a 300C. The word "maybe" was also used. Outrageous!!!! With 300Cs flying off dealership lots, the chances of finding another dealer willing to trade their 300C for another 300C is very slim. With customer waiting lists for 300Cs, I am screwed.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Did you REALLY think they would hold the car for you without a deposit? What do you think the person who bought the car would have said if the dealer told him that they were waiting for you to make up you're mind? Sounds like you have only yourself to blame. :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can understand your frustration, but with the supply/demand on these at the moment, especially with that exact configuration, the luxury of decision time isn't usually much. I'd suggest a wide search, maybe even out of state; seems to have worked well for some others on this board.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Abshear7. I just contacted five local dealers by phone and email today. I have never contacted out-of-state dealers before. How is that done? Did you use out-of-state zip codes to get the Chrysler to give you dealers from another state?

StCassel

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can do a city search on the chrysler website. That's what I did, I found my C on the 11th call.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I agree with arnoldw, if they held every cer when someone said I'll think about it over night, They would have most of the inventory tied up. The early bird catches the worm.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going tonight to order the exact C, that I want. No more fooling around trying to find a dealer with the perfect car. I will have the interior and exterior colors, and equipment configuration that I want. Dealer in question claims they are getting cars in 6-8 weeks. They said that 3-4 months no longer applies. So we will see.....

I found a car two hours drive away, at a big Cincinnati area dealer, that had almost everything, that I wanted on a C. But the dealer could not give me a semi-firm price. Even with the $1000 Chrysler finanancing deal, they were $2,000 from my other deal. Too much salesman pressure and general BS about the equipment configuration rarity, no car discounting and the short supply of Cs. Too uncertain to risk a four hour road trip, that may come up zip. Steve-o don't play that!!!! So... I'll order the C tonight, from a local dealer and relax. To get my equipment configuration, I knew that I would most likely have to order it any way. Just thought that if I checked out dealers, that I would get lucky and not have to wait to have a car built for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
StCassel said:
I'm going tonight to order the exact C, that I want. No more fooling around trying to find a dealer with the perfect car.
Way to go, Steve-O. It looks like you have learned,
and chose wisely. You know you want the car,
so why not get the one you want?

Have Fun,

George Ferguson

·
Registered
77 Posts
StCassel,

If it makes you feel better, I ordered my C on June 11th, and it will leave the plant on July 19th (firm D1 status). Buffalo is only a couple hours from the assembly plant, so hopefully I'll have my car by the 22nd. That's only about 6 weeks, and I got the exact car I wanted.

Crispie

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DrDeville said:
Way to go, Steve-O. It looks like you have learned,
and chose wisely. You know you want the car,
so why not get the one you want?

Have Fun,

George Ferguson
Thanks, George. I was not too surprised that I had to order my C, as out of nine vehicles that I have owned, seven were custom ordered from the factory. Only way to get the color, interior and equipment desired. I always get the largest engine available for a vehicle. There will be less than eight miles on the odometer. And I will know that local nimrods have not been redlining that brand new HEMI engine, on test drives, before I bought the car. Factory orders are the best except when there is a bean-counter imposed 3-4 month delays, slowing down the production schedules.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crispiegee said:
StCassel,

If it makes you feel better, I ordered my C on June 11th, and it will leave the plant on July 19th (firm D1 status). Buffalo is only a couple hours from the assembly plant, so hopefully I'll have my car by the 22nd. That's only about 6 weeks, and I got the exact car I wanted.

Crispie
That is GREAT news, Crispie!!!! Thanks!!! Perhaps I will be able to take long fall folage drives, to enjoy nature's colors, in my new C after all. The drive will be sweeeet!!!!! :)

StCassel

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
StCassel,
I was in a similar situation in May where I couldn't find a car on a lot.
Thinking what the hell, I Googled on local car brokers, and ended up ordering through Carsdirect.com.

There are lots of online brokers that may be able to track down a car for you.
In the case of Carsdirect.com, they deal with one Chrysler dealer in a regional area. In my case the San Francisco bay area.
I ordered my car at MSRP (good considering all the other dealers in the bay area were charging $3k-$10k over MSRP) and currently I am in D1 status.

However, in retrospect, I have some regrets not using the broker to the fullest extent.
I should have had the broker obtain quotes from numerous dealers outside my local area or state. I believe it may have been possible to get a better than MSRP price with enough room to pay for a one-way airfare to go pick up my car. I also should have tried to use more than one broker. Even if I couldn't get better than MSRP, I probably would have paid the cost of the airfare just to get a car off the lot instead of waiting potentially up to 14 weeks to get a car.

It may take a couple of days to contact the brokers and get quotes, but maybe worth a shot.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ordering is nice! Get what you want, even if you have to wait a bit. I 1st went to my dealer to "look" at a Crossfire. Nice sales guy, NOOO pressure, lots of help. Went back to him to order the C, same kind of attitude. Went back a month later and changed to a loaded Pacifica, thought I should act like a grown-up. Went back a month later and asked if it was too late to change back to the C, he pulled up the original order, said no problem .... still had my name on it 'cause he thought I might change my mind. Small town, no hassle, we agreed on trade and price 1st time out. I told them the best % I'd found, and they matched it with a local bank. Even service gives a discount on oil changes, etc. Is that a dealer you'd like to have? :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GOT IT!!!!!!!

Ordered my C last night:
Bright Silver Metallic w/ dark interior
Navigation/Sound Group II
Protection Group
High Output Headlights
California Wood Trim
Electronic adjustable pedals

Postioned in the upper 1/3 of dealer's sold order list. 6-8 weeks. Not expected to go beyond 10 weeks. Dealer has lately been receiving C orders within the 6-8 week time frame. So with any luck, I will be able to drive to see fall leaf color, in my C.

StCassel

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I went to a dealer, in Columbus, Ohio, that because of their high pressure sale practices, I do not normally do business. In 15 years, I have only used the dealership for test drives and oil changes. It appears now, that record will remain unchanged.

They had a Cool Vanilla 300C, with the equipment configuration that I want: all options except for moonroof, satillite radio and uconnect. It had GPS nav, protection group, adjustable pedals, California wood package. In making the deal we were $1-2,000 off making a deal. In order to make the deal I had to do Chrysler financing, which I was not sure that I wanted to do. Wanted to pay cash. I did not refuse the deal but, asked if I could think about it over the weekend and let them know Monday A.M. They said okay and the salesman said that he would hold onto our paperwork. I left the dealership at 11:30 A.M. on Saturday. I decided to call back at 4:45 to ask how soon I could pay-off the Chrysler financing (after closing the deal) and what the interest cost would be. I had been told that I could pay off the Chrysler financing, any time without penality. My salesman went to check on what the cost would be. He came back with bad news... another salesman had sold the car.

After saying they would hold the car, the pucks sold the car out from under me!!! A car that had sat on the lot for a week and they could not hold it for another day!!! They could not tell the other party, that a sale was pending
and that they would get back with them Monday afternoon.

If it was not so hard to get a 300C, I would have told the sales manager to forget the whole deal, in a most impolite way. That was the first car, that I ever saw on a dealer's lot with nav and no moonroof. Fat change that any other dealer in the area will have that equipment configuration. I have contacted five other local dealers to find the 300C that I want. I hope they find a car before the other bums. I do not care to give the dealer that sold my car out from under me, a dime to get my 300C.

From another dealer, I was told that the wait for sold orders is STILL 3-4 months for a 300C. The word "maybe" was also used. Outrageous!!!! With 300Cs flying off dealership lots, the chances of finding another dealer willing to trade their 300C for another 300C is very slim. With customer waiting lists for 300Cs, I am screwed.
Well, all I gotta say is BASTARDS! You're not screwed. I say screw THEM, and you did just that!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
In 1990 I got screwed out of a Mustang convertible by a dealer. The very next day I bought an identical car from another dealer. I then proceeded to drive by the first one (childish, I know) to let him know I bought the car from their competitor. Ah, sweet revenge. You should have seen his face. He didn't utter a single word. It felt great!

·
Registered
566 Posts
GOT IT!!!!!!!

Ordered my C last night:
Bright Silver Metallic w/ dark interior
Navigation/Sound Group II
Protection Group
High Output Headlights
California Wood Trim
Electronic adjustable pedals

Postioned in the upper 1/3 of dealer's sold order list. 6-8 weeks. Not expected to go beyond 10 weeks. Dealer has lately been receiving C orders within the 6-8 week time frame. So with any luck, I will be able to drive to see fall leaf color, in my C.

StCassel
good to hear you got exactly what you wanted...

btw is your avatar johnny sack from the sopranos?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts