Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a Santa Claus

I have been patiently waiting for SuperChips to come through.

They just have. Straight from the horse's mouth.

Thank you, Derek.

This was just posted over at LXforums by Derek who is the Project Leader for the new SuperChips Programmer for the LX 5.7 Hemi ECU:

Here is the official statement:

Currently the release of the 3825 will cover the following:

2005-2006 Hemi LX platform (300C, Magnum, and Charger)
Release date is targeted to be Feb. 15th

Why the shift, well we have other projects that came to be higher priorities (06-05 Cummins for example).

Why has it taken so long? It hasn't see above.

Exact minimum features are at this time:
91 Octane tune (why 91, well not everyone can get 93)
87 Octane tune (yes a performance tune on 87)
Tire Correction for those "4g 22s and as big as you can fit" tires

What else can you expect:
  • A tuner that your significant other (my wife in my case) will notice the difference.
  • No more sluggish pedal.
  • Internet update capabilities which will include but are not limited to:
    1. Firmware updates.
    2. Database updates for calibration (all of our tuning is stored in an internal database) we tune your calibration from your vehicle. We do however recommend that you get updated to the latest calibration from DCX, as that will contain all of their corrections.
    3. Compatibility with HPT software for custom tuning (target mid. 06)
    4. Capability of downloading other calibrations (i.e. CAM, intake, and Header combinations) (target mid. 06)
    5. Remote technical support, no more shipping tuners back
    6. Datalogging capabilies (target mid. 06)
How do I know all this? I am the project lead that is why.

What we need from all of you is support in the way of test vehicles from stock to wild.

And be patient, we will get you the best product.

As for the beta tuner, here is the story. The 3815 HW is the base platform for all future releases of our DCX products in this line. So in theory it is the beta for the LX (this is what Randam Access was trying to portray which I told him). It is capable of tuning them just the not with the way the current firmware is set in that tuner (so do NOT go out and buy one to try it). More than likely someone outside of Superchips Inc. miss-labeled the tuner.

Oh and if you know anyone who would like to work here, let us know we are always looking, right now we have a need for Engineers.

Need to get back to having my weekend to get some work done on my house.

Hope this answers some questions. Best thing to do is compile up any un-answered questions and send them to Random Access (if he would be willing to do this), then he can forward them on to me. I will answer the ones I can.

Derek
Gearheads rejoice!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gearheads rejoice![/QUOTE]
This is great! I use the FlashPaq 3815 on my 04 Ram. It works great! I get nearly 17MPG on the freeway and getting onto the freeway is the best part.

This works; adjusts speed limiter, shift points, tire/wheel size with speedo calibration, advances timing for higher octane, no pedal lag or down shift lag. If it does the same for my 300C as it did for my truck then this is worth the investment.

Oh, and those pesky DTC (check engine, illuminated engine, etc.) lights and codes...it reads them and clears them too! Had the engine light come on today and it told me exactly what the problem was. Nothing serious either...beats thinking you need to go to the dealer immediately! BTW, the truck cleared it itself later in the day.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've never use a programmer sounds like alot of fun, being able tune your car to your liking, I"m down for that.
The key that unlock Pandora's box....I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
NR,
can you check with Derek and find out when a 6.1L chip will be ready?
Thanks!
Sincerely,

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oh,There is is a God in heaven,and He's answered our prayers.Now we can all just sit back,kick up our feet,and relax knowing that our Christmas wish has been answered.
Now I just wonder what we will be dreaming for next.

·
Registered
65 Posts
in a very uneventful, boring, almost depressing day....Northern...buddy...you came through!! AWESOME NEWS! now i CAN buy those extra mods and get full benefit :banana:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just wrote an email to see if they need testers as listed in the post. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
will someone whisper in their ears as they sleep....srt8.srt8 srt8 :biggrin:

·
Registered
252 Posts
this is awesome news. i have held off doing some mods that would boost the HP just waiting for someone to come out with a programmer. yes all of our prayers have been answered. all LX platform owners can now truly rejoice :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
magnumfreak said:
If it is near what it is for the hemi trucks it will be around $550.00.
I'll start picking up aluminum cans,and selling plasma. GOTTA HAVE ME ONE !!!!

·
HHP Group Buy Coordinator
57 Posts
Hey guys, I'm the "RandomAccess" Derek mentioned in the first post by Norther Rider.

I am also looking to negotiate a deal for all of us on these units, and I'm trying to compile a list of those interested to give me some purchasing power.

·
HHP Group Buy Coordinator
57 Posts
edit -- ekool -- we provide a forum here to handle these types of issues. Please start a thread here if you must, but do not require our users to visit another competing forum for information on a product they are buying here --

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
RandomAccess said:
quoted text removed
Thanks!!
Should be a hoot! I'll have to see when my mid tour leave is from Iraq, and time my chip delivery appropriately.

·
Registered
27 Posts
magnumfreak said:
If it is near what it is for the hemi trucks it will be around $550.00.
I only paid $375 for the 3815 for my '05 Rumble Bee. They were doing a group buy on RumbleBee.org. If one can be had for a similar price for the 300Cs, I'm in! The Superchips is the nuts on the truck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Random, i'm interesting in the Group buy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
RandomAccess said:
quoted text removed

Sign me up. I've been waiting for a good programmer for a while.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We are very interested in one for my Wifes 5.7

1 - 20 of 20 Posts