Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking it might be a good idea to post up some info on any common areas our 300's get rusty.. My 05's getting up there in age, but looks pretty darn good for it's age and 105k on the clock. I'm probably going to try to keep her for anothe few years, and I'm not complaining!

So there's like 2 area's I'm starting to notice some bubbling.. 1st is the gas fill area. It's the plate that holds the opening.. I am hoping it's replaceable (and I will post pictures tomorrow). And then the 2nd area is along the bottom edge of the trunk I'm seeing some bubbling.

What about you guys? Any areas you notice? I know it comes down a lot to how well you maintain the paint. But there are some areas that it just happens..

MacK

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I've got a bit of surface rust along the bottom of the car on the sides.. basically right under the back seat passenger... and my front Bilstiens are rusty... I'm about to replace those though.

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
I found 2, 5 mm bubbles on the underside, front of my hood, otherwise good.
There is one caused by an rockchip above the windshield that had gone unnoticed, until i got it. I am holding it at bay until I can have some $$ freed up to get it taken care of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts