1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
347 Posts
anyone know when the marketing will start for this in the UK and for the facelift model of the regular CRD ?

regards

elpirata

·
Registered
461 Posts
Here are some pics of a 08 one at GH in MK before it's PDI which I took with my phone camera this morning, - it's said to a be a company car going out on Saturday.

Things I particularly noticed, other than the aerial, stop light etc.

No front spoiler
No body coloured trim where headlamp washers are.
New design SAT NAV.
Extra wheel arch trim.

I'm not sure if it's lower than std tho'.

BTW that's mine shining in the background :cool: (and before you start it was the only place left and went straight into the workshop.:biggrin:)

rear stop light

half an aerial

srt wheels

wheel arch trim

shiny headlight trim & no spoiler

body coloured door handles and mirror

·
Registered
144 Posts
Odd - it's wearing an actual SRT badge, but it says "SRT Design". Meaning, of course, that it looks like an SRT but doesn't perform like one. Here in the States it is possible to get many of the SRT appearance features as part of a package, but not the badge itself.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sorry Gizmo
It was locked and too bright and "reflectiony" to get anything of any value through the windows.

Although, one more thing, the new SAT NAV appeared to have a input jack I guess for a iPod plus and a "button" above it which had the USB2 symbol on it. Which has got to be good news.

Ian

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi Jazzhead,
The reason for the "Design" designation is that it is a CRD - Common Rail DIESEL. All our cars (at the moment) are built in Graz in Austria and by far the majority for European and Australian use are diesel powered - our fuel prices are much higher than the States and in the UK are currently running at around 1.10 UK Pounds per Litre of petrol and a bit more per litre of Diesel. The exchange rate for the US Dollar to the UK Pound is approximately (for the sake of argument) $2 to the Pound. As they say in your part of the world - Go Figure!!
Cheers John

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Odd - it's wearing an actual SRT badge, but it says "SRT Design". Meaning, of course, that it looks like an SRT but doesn't perform like one. Here in the States it is possible to get many of the SRT appearance features as part of a package, but not the badge itself.
Hmmm... Well, if I understand your question, yes, and a little no. The SRT Design package became available with the '07s in the States. It has the following:

Body-Color Door Handles
Performance Steering
Performance Suspension
Performance Exhaust (increases hp rating to 350)
Load Leveling and Height Control
Trunklid Spoiler
Performance Seats with Perforated Suede Microfiber
245/45VR20 BSW All Season Performance Tires
20" x 8.0" Ultra-Bright Aluminum SRT Wheels (these are 12-spoke, similar to the 10-spoke SRT8 wheels, but different, and without the SRT debossing on one spoke)
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
Body-Color Exterior Mirrors
SRT Design Badge

I've read that the suspension and exhaust variants are from the Charger Daytona - increased spring rates and a straight-thru muffler vs. a 3-pass type.

The Chyrsler website says the '08 SRTD package adds Supplemental Side Curtain Front and Rear Air Bags, Supplemental Front Seat-Mounted Side Air Bags, and Adaptive Cruise Control. The site is contradictory on the mirrors. One place says Signal Mirrors with Puddle Lamps; another says those aren't even optional with this package. (That second place says both that the body-color and the chrome mirrors are standard with the package. I gotta see that!) It also says the mirrors are power fold (and on the SRT8's, too. Anybody have an '08 SRT8 yet to know?) The seats are said to have the SRT Design logo, too. The '07s have the Chrysler wing logo. The package price increased to $2905 from $1995.

The SRTD badge is on both, but could certainly be removed or replaced with a 300C badge.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just left Hatfields of Bury and they are saying to me the SRTD is being sold NOW! :scared: They could not furnish me straight away though with any literature when asked !:pat:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts