Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual calls out for 3757 for the turn signal on the 300. Is this another part# for 3057 or 3157 bulb in amber , because the 2 parts store I went into don't carry 3757 bulb and little infomation is on the web about 3757. They carry 3057A and 3157A for the amber bulbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
300MAG said:
The manual calls out for 3757 for the turn signal on the 300. Is this another part# for 3057 or 3157 bulb in amber , because the 2 parts store I went into don't carry 3757 bulb and little infomation is on the web about 3757. They carry 3057A and 3157A for the amber bulbs.

Let me guess. For the front signals?
I purchased Sylvania Silverstars for the front but dont fit.
Has to do with the slot. Am I right?

The 3057A & 3157A (which are the same) won't fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
same deal. Apparently nobody makes these bulbs except for mopar. you have to get them directly from the dealer and they are only amber. I wish someone would make some hyper whites, i think it would really help the front end
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What confuses me is I have read in several post about members replacing there turn signal bulbs with 3157 tower bulbs. Do some 3157 bulbs fit and others don't.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
It would be helpful to indicate whether you're referring to fronts or rears, but here is a post by rogue, in the FAQ section, with the part numbers listed for OEM bulbs.


And here is some info on the aftermarket bulbs I have used, including pic links:
  1. Prostreet Lighting silver signal bulbs - eBay store Prostreetlighting Inc. - Part #7940085840 at $19.99 incl. shipping
  2. Superlumination L.E.D. tail light bulbs (RED 20-lite tower #3157 wedge base) - $19.99 each bulb plus shipping Superlumination
Hope this helps...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
300MAG said:
What confuses me is I have read in several post about members replacing there turn signal bulbs with 3157 tower bulbs. Do some 3157 bulbs fit and others don't.
The towers (aftermarket LEDs) do not have the slot "clip glide".
These towers are straight slot attachment.
So, it's "universal" if you want to call it that.

Superlumination also have the silver turn signals.


Follow this LINK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
279 Posts
well this might work for the C, but for the touring, base and limited, there is no front turn signal bulb in any color but amber and you cant get them from anywhere but the dealer. I have already talked with superillumination about this and they are seeing if there are any other bulbs that will work, i will post a response when i hear back
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
slawkins31 said:
well this might work for the C, but for the touring, base and limited, there is no front turn signal bulb in any color but amber and you cant get them from anywhere but the dealer. I have already talked with superillumination about this and they are seeing if there are any other bulbs that will work, i will post a response when i hear back
Good move slawkins, if there is something out there that will work, Chris at Superlumination will find it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HEMEEE said:
It would be helpful to indicate whether you're referring to fronts or rears, but here is a post by rogue, in the FAQ section, with the part numbers listed for OEM bulbs.


And here is some info on the aftermarket bulbs I have used, including pic links:
  1. Prostreet Lighting silver signal bulbs - eBay store Prostreetlighting Inc. - Part #7940085840 at $19.99 incl. shipping
  2. Superlumination L.E.D. tail light bulbs (RED 20-lite tower #3157 wedge base) - $19.99 each bulb plus shipping Superlumination
Hope this helps...
Thanks Hemee,
I didn't have a exact location(front or rear), just curious what these bulbs were because I never heard of the part#.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I just tried to change the rear turn signal per the owners manual and the service manual, both are wrong. The removed bulb in the rear is a 3757A not a 3057 per the manuals. The socket for the 3757A will not accept a 3057 bulb. Did some checking and Sylvania makes a 3757A but the base is different from the 3057. This link shows the difference between 3757A (Base Type #3) and 3057 (Base Type #2), indexing tab on the narrow side of the base is different http://www.sylvaniaautocatalog.com/new_sylvania/keying_details.asp The next time I plan on changing any thing on the C again I will search this forum first.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top