Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reversing sensors. don,t trust them!!
Found out first hand today, I've got used to looking in the mirror for the lights coming on, then stopping.
doesn't always work on a high kerb or on a small wall!, backing up to what I thought was railings, only to have in front of the railings was this small wall only 8/10" tall about 2ft in front of the railings, you guessed a rather large crunch instead of the beep!!

as luck would have it all the scratches are on the angled bit of the rear valance, so unless you look under, they are not that visable just looking from the back. and now I've bent the exhaust back, it.s not that bad. (but i know its happened) and so do the four others I had in the car at the same time!

I think I was more embarresed than anything else!!

So wont be trusting the sensors from now on!:sour:

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Thanks for the warning, Trev. I've always been wary of these sensors as I think they're primarily intended to prevent collision with large objects such as garage doors, high walls and other vehicles. If you look at where the sensors are fitted, they are quite high up and more "high beam" than "dipped". They obviously don't have a very wide beamwidth. I have also noticed that the lights will come on when close to harmless objects, like tall grass which is nearby, but not necessarily on a collision course.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Yep, Backed my exhaust pipe into a low wall in Germany the same way....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts