Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, im new to Chrysler, well new to any non jap car for that matter but im about to purchase my first 300c from Melbourne, i live in byron bay NSW.
the 300c is a 2006 base model with 150,000k's 3 previous owners, mild mods such as lower suspension, new head-unit cold air intake ect.
im curious as to is there anything i should be cautious about when buying a 300c such as this one and do they have any usual faults or issues?

also was curios as to where people in aus get aftermarket parts for them like spares as im in need of a side skirt and was thinking of going aftermarket but cant find anything here in aus.

and is anyone running coilovers if so what spring rates and any preference on brand?

thanks in advance

Dom

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also if i was going to get 20x10' rims what offset would i need to fill the guards flush, (will have rolled guards)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
also if i was going to get 20x10' rims what offset would i need to fill the guards flush, (will have rolled guards)
I had 22 x 10 and 22 x 9 on my last 5.7 and the off set was +18 you can go as much as +20 it is only the SRT that has a different off set.

Cheers
Geoff

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
;)

Peders coilovers.

Note the trimming of the shaft of the upper balljoint. You might need to do that if you stick 22's on.

A few mods there to keep you going. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
Pedders just set to the seat of your pants with consideration for ride height first and then just fine tuning so it's not too hard or hits the guards with potholes or speed bumps, you don't want to be bouncing around or need kidney belts so you just find some middle ground. Offset I think is as Geoff said +18 if I remember correctly. FR 22 wheels.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Griptuning side skirts are a great looking side skirt. Try Allan from Bleam Chrysler Qld 0409452086 I got some gear from him back around 2009, he was great to deal with have a look on his web page.
Cheers
Geoff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts