Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all of you have installed components up front, where did you place the tweets? Dash, door, pillar? I have focal access with the 6.5" installed in the door and the tweets in the dash where the stock 3.5" location. I'm not really sure if I like them there.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just switched the 1"tweets from my MB Quart Q 216's with Boston 3.5"FX3's this morning (in the stock locations) and the staging is much better and the highs are MUCH less harsh. I am bi-amping the front components off a JL 300/4 amp. Now that I've lifted some of the midbass up off the floor I am happier with it but I need to get at the hardware crossovers as I think they are battling with the amp crossovers and squashing the signal somewhere.

·
Registered
580 Posts
here are a couple of pics of where they are on mine.
the front spkrs are DLS Iridium 6.3 w way components 6.5 in the door, 3" dome mid driver in the dash stock location, and the tweeters just in front of the A pillars.

I have previously had MB Quart QSD 216's in front and hated them. the highs were BRUTAL bouncing off the windshield and the tweeters being being the only spkrs up there at the time.. no blending with the spkrs in the door. After that I replaced just the tweeters from the MB's with Boston FX3's and that helped move the midbass up off the floor but still kinda sucked.

Then I took it to Audio Advice in La Crescenta/Glendale and had the DLS installed and everything tidied up & improved over the original install nightmare from Al & Ed's. Now it rocks.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts