Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had an ABS warning light so pulled the code for a speed sensor issue...no problem there I diagnosed a faulty tone ring and ordered a new one.

I went on holiday and came back to a dead battery...no problem just jump start the car.

I replaced the tone ring and the wheel speed sensor code went away and I have a good reading on all 4 wheels so awesome but only one problem...i can't get shut of ABS/TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT so I pull this U140E code which reads implausible signal from PCM.

I have pulled fuses, wires and connections and done the left to right steering wheel trick but to no avail. My CANBUS has no visible damage so I'm guessing this is a dead battery reaction issue

I'm gunna go ACD and get a Starscan ABS reboot but before I do that does anyone no of an ABS reset without using STARSCAN

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've drove for over 2 weeks and covered more than 80miles yet no changed.

I have a decent scan tool that allows for resetting the ABS light but as soon as it resets this one the darn thing comes right back.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Used the DiagFCA today and I'm well impressed.

It didn't have the ABS HARD reset but it doesn't matter anyway because it allowed me to properly diagnose the fault and guess what, its not the ABS.

The tool showed reports and DTC.s for lost communication in TCM, PCM, HVAC and ABS all after my battery died.

After research and electrical testing I now know the CANBUS between these module are the problem.
They've lost their speed sensor ID codes so they're not communicating with the different module so the ABS has shut down to protect itself.

Starscan for module part number reset should fix it I hope.

All this because of a dead battery?

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Will it turn TPMS off and back on again?

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
But has anyone done it though? to see if it works or not?.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes I have - I removed the sensors from the wheels and continually got the chime / warning. I used the software to disable TPMS now the EVIC shows system ok at last. It can be disabled / enabled easily.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Might just get one of these just for that,how long did it take to arrive?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ed what ELM327 are you using, Bluetooth or USB?

I have a cheap Chinese USB which is working with the Diagnotics options and I can get all the PIDS which is great however, i can't deactivate the TPMS as each time i try i get an error message which tells me to use a genuine ELM327.

My advice to anyone getting this software is definitely go for it as its fab but get a genuine ELM327.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi guys so I got the suggested ELM and it worked a treat.
TPMS ding ding ding finally gone and no more warning light too.

Just for note...it will only disable with KOEO...i was getting frustrated as I was trying to do it with the engine running so make sure it's off.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts