Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Paid for it yesterday,still haven't received the email.....and there's no contact details on their site......anyone care to give me their email address??

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My software was received 24hrs later so I guess they have to configure it first.

The bi-directional/actuator ability is impressive too.

I have been sat in the car for hours checking everything 1 by 1.

Great fun.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Of course I gave them my vin,it was 12.00 noon yesterday when I bought it so I'll wait till 12 today.

What's a bi-directional actuator when it's at home??

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It can actuate individual components in certain modules so it makes diagnoses alot faster.

Say for example you have a bad EGR valve...this tool can actuate it and you would be able to hear/feel it switch on and this would confirm it has power/opens.

Your fan could be running high speed and you think it could be the fan relay gone bad...with this tool you could switch on the low speed fan and if it works, you know the fan relay is fine and it's an overheating problem.

I've been switching my left beam light on then my right beam then my left fog and so on just for fun.

Awsome software.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I can do all that with my diagnostic tool on all cars,I can even make the windows go up and down ...lol... just cant turn off TPM's

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sounds like a good tool what make is it?

I have several and none work on this cars TPMS but once your software arrives you'll be a happy dude.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
It's for my job,it's a Technomotor Socio X6,it does cars,bikes,trucks and trailers,I obviously use it for cars and bikes,expensive but I can't work without it

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I got it now after a bit of a mix up but my Elm doesn't work with it so I've ordered one off Ed's link

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am not the best with patience or technology - my advice take your time, bluetooth can take 30 / 60 secs to connect / check it is paired in bluetooth settings, it drove me mad for days but they talked me throught it very well.

My tpms shows individual pressures so I thought I had the premium and clicked disable - No luck, so I selected basic tpms and disabled and it worked.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
It's ok Ed I use technology all the time.....lol... Oh and just to let you all know you don't need TPMS for cars from 2012 for the MOT, the fail criteria is if the TPMS shows a fault,so if you turn them off no fault light at all so not a fail,same with airbag light too,both sets of lights do not need to come on with ignition or start-up but if they come on and stay on then it's a fail. ABS light HAS to come on then go off the others don't

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Can I ask one of you guys a big favour?

Could you look at your ABS using the software and go into the live data.

You can select PIDS...

Could you tell me what reading you get for ECU voltage to ABS pump feed.

Mine is reading OUT OF RANGE.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Out of Range means the pumps faulty

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The pump is actuating on request and all the valves are reporting as they should. I think that dead battery I had has messed up the CAN C.

Might just have to bite bullet and get a new one.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Finally got the [email protected] thing to work at last.....no more tyre warnings or chimes,not a bad bit of kit for the money

Reactions: Ed Harrison

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a bad time with impatiently pressing buttons but worth the wait - was thinking of playing with the DRL settings next

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well it has to be said....Ed thanks for putting us onto this product I've told a fair few 300C owners now and they're all considering buying it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well after almost 1 year of investigation I've finally found the resolve for U140E.

The CANBUS issue I initially reported in this post was in fact a totally separate issue.

The cause of U140E was a dead battery.

I'll explain both and give you the resolve.

It turns out that my CANBUS fault was a short to ground on the dynamic sensor power wire and it caused the CANBUS to go haywire. The wire was chaffed to chassis and is now fixed.

The only code left after the repair was U140E caused by the dead battery. Apparently the PCM did not like the voltage spike on battery recharge and now there's a mismatch in VIN from the ABS module. I'm told the only way to repair this is to reflash the system using WITECH pass thru with TECHAUORITY WEB SITE or you can use your own J2534 and buy a 1 day subscription from TECHAUORITY and reflash it yourself.

I'm opting for ACD to fix it but after after speaking to several techs there's only 2 ways to clear this code... way 1 is to drive the car and see if it resets itself and if it doesn't then way 2 is a reflash.

Pain in the backside but I hope this will help someone else and I apologise if my previous information mislead anyone.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts