Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all

Due to the common ABS lights problem, I planned to fit a replacement n/s rear tone ring today, but couldn't get good enough access to the hub retaining bolts, and it was getting dark, so called it a day.

Has anyone done this job themselves? Any hints or tips? Of course, the Haynes manual just says the rings are integral to the hub so can't be changed, which isn't any help.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
ok, i take it you on about the rears? once you have removed the brakes ,there 4 x e14 torx bolts of the rear to undo the hub, just remove the old one clean the rust and dirt off, and tap the new one on carefully,

if its the fronts, then its built into the front bearing, so need to replace the whole hub

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Paul, apologies, should've mentioned it was the rear. It's those torx bolts that seemed pretty inaccessible. My 1/2" drive socket couldn't even get fully on the most accessible ones. Reckon I need some slimmer sockets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again Paul. Was your e14 torx socket 3/8 or 1/2 drive? I need to get myself one (or a set) and the e14 seems to be available in both drive sizes.

I'm guessing the 3/8 will be best (as will be slimmer), but I'll need to get a 3/8 ratchet and extension bar (or an adapter at least). Come to think of it, don't know how I've managed so long without one.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Get yourself a set of "wobble" extensions for whatever size bit you use. Access is awkward to say the least and these make it a bit easier.

Reactions: PeteMac
1 - 7 of 7 Posts