Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Was hoping I can reach out to the well of knowledge on here.

I have a 2007 CRD which got a flat battery. The RAC man managed to fry the ABS module jumping me and then I had a combo of the ESP/ABS/Traction Control lights on.

The original code read no comms with ABS module. A used ABS module was then put into the car and the codes changed to U140E and now B2900 as the VIN in the ABS module is not a match to my car.

Took it to a dealer today and they said they can’t rewrite the VIN and if the VIN doesn't match the rest of the car then they can’t program it so nothing doing.

I’ve seen lots of people on youtube etc use pro level ODB tools like Autel Maxisys and Snap ons to rewrite vins in component modules, on GM group cars as well. On the ECU details report the dealership gave me it even says ‘Current VIN’ and ‘Original VIN’ next to each other in the summary info. This suggests to me they can have the VIN rewritten.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apparently its not that simple as it uses stupid ATE module. Even when brand new virgin they are trouble. I have similar issue, just got the car, module is brand new genuine chrysler and will not initialize. There are 2 funny error codes c107c and c107d, which is for brake switch 1/2, but all live data same as my current 300c everyday driver so not sure what is it moaning about. Vin in my module is blank as it's virgin.

If someone has more info would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I solved it!

in my instance the ABS would not initialise because it believed it wasnt getting an ESP status. However FCM was showing ESP as true, i.e it is getting signal. I booked it into my local jeep dealership and asked them to do a ‘vehicle reconfiguration’.Job solved. Was just some sort of ghost in the shell in the comms network.

also, even if an ABS module is used, it will still work with car. The ABS would initialise, you would get an annoying permanent dtc code when you plugged an odb in but that code itself would not cause any ill effect or trigger any dash lights

1 - 3 of 3 Posts