Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I've had an alarm installer fit a tracking device to the limo. They had to disconnect the ABS pump to try and find the speed pulse wire.

When they reconnected it, the ABS pump ran even with the ignition off. I've had to pull the ABS fuse out for now.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Is it just a case of the fault code needs to be removed?

Cheers,

Paul

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
soundiceuk said:
Hi all! I've had an alarm installer fit a tracking device to the limo. They had to disconnect the ABS pump to try and find the speed pulse wire.

When they reconnected it, the ABS pump ran even with the ignition off. I've had to pull the ABS fuse out for now.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Is it just a case of the fault code needs to be removed?

Cheers,

Paul
Don't know if you've solved this yet. But my first inclination would be to isolate the new tracking device by disconnecting the power and ground connections to it. I'm willing to bet they inadvertantly shorted something to ground or connected some circuit to power that is normally not connected all the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The diagnosis shows that the tracker fitters had blown the ABS/ESP/TC module.

I fitted the new ABS/ESP/TC module and bled the brakes.

Good news: The ABS pump no longer runs permanently.

Bad news: When we had the limo from new the ESP button didn't work at all and the ESP light was permanently on. This is because when the 300 is stretched the coachbuilders disconnect the ESP to prevent rear end vibrations. Since Chrysler erased all the fault codes the ESP button now switches the ESP/TC on and off??? Also the ABS light constantly flashes and bleeps despite there being no faults codes in the memory???

I am fairly sure the the ABS/ESP/TC system is a Teves Mk 25e
http://www.conti-online.com/generat...ke_systems/abs_tcs_esc/ebs_mkxxe_1003_en.html

The coachbuilders normally disable the ESP/TC by disconnecting the YAW sensor under the centre console. The coachbuilder who built ours hasn't done it this way.

If we don't get the ABS light switched off by November we will be out of business because it will fail our Ministry Of Transport test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts