Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ABS activation

Does anyone know how to manually activate the abs pump without laptop or tranzformer. Traditionally most cars have a relay in the fuse box and one could jump pins but it would appear we have none in the engine compartment fuse box.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am pretty sure it's in the boot. If yoy do a search for one of my posts there are even more details. Sorry can't help any further, but I am travelling.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No joy, the fuse box in the truck contains some relays, one of which is the fuel pump. I'm looking for abs relay, think we may have none.

At the front fuse box, we have the 50amp pump fuse and 30amp for the pump solenoid, I thought it should have been somewhere near there?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what i feared, was hoping it ran off on relays. The fuel pumps defo run off on relay, it's in the trunk fuse box.

Guess I need a laptop then or look into a Tranzformer.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have any experience of Autel Maxicheck Pro or any of their other models?

Apparently it has the capacity to run an OBD2 autobleed.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Have you considered diagfca? Under ABS List of Actuators and System Tests they mention "Active Booster Solenoid State" and "Output Control".

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no experience in diagfca but i know it has been mentioned in other situations so it must be good. I actually forgot about it until you reminded me and from what your saying, it may have the test facility to activate the pumps and solenoid and perform the tests, so worth looking into.

How does one subscribe, have you used it?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I haven't yet purchased diagfca, as I need to upgrade my laptop first to something more modern. The way it works is by downloading the Windows software from the diagfca website (try Google). Cost is only $49 for a very comprehensive package, which also includes updates as available. Only works with one vehicle, so you have to provide your VIN. Multi-vehicle capability is available at extra cost. Communication with the OBD2 port is via Bluetooth. The website provides full details of all modules which can be accessed and/or modified and applicable 300C model years.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got a response from diagfca, who advise the test procedure is currently not supported. I pinned an email across and received a very fast response. I suspect this feature may become available in the future as updates.

Hello,

the abs bleeding procedure is not yet supported by our software.

--Â*
Regards,
Krzysztof Rokicki

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update, I purchased an Autel Maxicheck Pro. It has the autobleed function for upstream after a down stream bleed. Car will need to be on axle stands with the wheels off for all 4 corners. Performs similar functionality as dealership tool, so all good and I'm very pleased.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought exactly the same but learnt from my recent event that both an upstream and down stream bleed is necessary after an overhaul of calipers. To me it remains a phenomenon but I think what is clear is an overhaul to a large caliper does require a complete bleed of the system from the abs module down to the calipers. Perhaps this phenomenon is something in relation with the inner workings, apparently there are 8 or 12 solenoids within the module or it could be simply due to the size of calipers?

https://www.300cforums.com/forums/1st-gen-srt8-specific-general-discussion/128153-srt8-amg-brake-conversion.html

I have added a very interesting link above which you may be interested to read. Its my recent and most exciting project (BBK). I used Mercedes AMG E55 brake calipers & components on my stock spindles and now run a massive 8 pot at the fronts and 4 pots at the rear. Its an awesome project and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had planned for it about 5 years ago and now parts are cheaper and readily available from breakers, to me it was must fulfil requirement as I seem to love this car so much :)

Pleased to report, all good now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
3 Participants
badgx
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing