Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago all these came on - stopped the car for 10 mins and when I re-started it they all came. Yesterday took the 2 rear ABS sensors off and cleaned them up. Lights still on and TCS ABS not working. Do you need to clear the fault for the systems to recognize the problem has been fixed? If so how? Or if they self-clear then I assume there is still a problem. In next week for the annual service/MOT so they can fix it but would like cut down the £s if I can.

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Have the car read to see what the fault is. You may be able to do the ESP calibration as below, but when I had that come on it was Steering Angle Sensor / implausible steering angle code which wasn't resolved by the calibration and needed resetting by Starscan -

ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)
If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) needs to be
calibrated. The SAS requires calibration anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for
any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Start the engine.
2. Center the steering wheel.
3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the
wheel all the way to the right until the opposite internal stop in the steering gear is met.
4. Center the steering wheel.
5. Stop the engine.

·
Administrator
13,066 Posts
If that reset doesn't clear the lights, try disconnecting your battery for 30 minutes. All of your memory presets will clear and in most cases this power down reset clears any lingering code memory.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Do you have factory sat nav? If so is everything ok with it? The reason I ask is earlier this year I had exactly the same, but also the gearbox was holding the revs longer and the sat nav was a tad confused to say the least. After reading the codes it turned out to be the rear nearside ABS tone ring and sensor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally found the time to drive it. Gears and Sat Nav all fine but lights still on. It's in for service Monday so I wait and see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have the car read to see what the fault is. You may be able to do the ESP calibration as below, but when I had that come on it was Steering Angle Sensor / implausible steering angle code which wasn't resolved by the calibration and needed resetting by Starscan -

ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM (ESP)
If the vehicle is equipped with ESP, once the battery is reconnected, the Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) needs to be
calibrated. The SAS requires calibration anytime the battery or an ABS (ESP) component has been disconnected for
any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Start the engine.
2. Center the steering wheel.
3. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until the internal stop in the steering gear is met, then turn the
wheel all the way to the right until the opposite internal stop in the steering gear is met.
4. Center the steering wheel.
5. Stop the engine.
I just tried this and didn't work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts