Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i had my freon filled up last month and just a couple of days ago the AC is getting warm again. When driving it does get a little cooler but not by much, when stationary or in traffic it gets warm and i have to open up the windows for fresh air, this is during the day, at night its little bit better but still warm / coolish.

So what can i do to find out which AC system component needs replacing and no I dont have a local store that sells UV dye neither do i have the time to purchase one online now as its quite hot here and i start sweating the car everytime i leave home for work, so need this solved asap. So to check where its leaking will and does a water / soap spray method work?

I've never seen a puddle of water under my car when stationary and with AC on....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Water / soap can work in some instances but more than likely won't tell you if the leak is, say, a compressor seal.
Some of the part store recharge cans have sealants and even dye right in the refill charge. If you use one of those the AC will likely work again for a while at least - while it's really hot, and you can find someone to check for leaked dye at a later date.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So i had my freon filled up last month and just a couple of days ago the AC is getting warm again. When driving it does get a little cooler but not by much, when stationary or in traffic it gets warm and i have to open up the windows for fresh air, this is during the day, at night its little bit better but still warm / coolish.

So what can i do to find out which AC system component needs replacing and no I dont have a local store that sells UV dye neither do i have the time to purchase one online now as its quite hot here and i start sweating the car everytime i leave home for work, so need this solved asap. So to check where its leaking will and does a water / soap spray method work?

I've never seen a puddle of water under my car when stationary and with AC on....
Hello SRT8_KSA! Wanted to let you know that due to the fact that you have never seen any water come the the drain under the car their is a very good possibility that the evaporator has a hole in it. The evaporator is in the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts