Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's back. Towards the end of last summer, My AC would stop blowing cold air and my car would gradually get hot while driving in the heat. After pressing every button and turning the controls all the way down as cold as they would go, nothing would work except pulling over and turning the car off. It would work again after turning the car back on. Well, then it got cold and I forgot about it, until it got to 80 the other day and I was cruising on the interstate at around 90mph and noticed it getting hot in the car. Nothing worked to get it cold and I had to pull onto the shoulder and and shut her down and then navigate backinto trafic. that sucked.

Has anyone experienced this??IS it software or ar an AC issue??
My dealer here sucks and won't upgrade my software even though I have a sticking outside temp gauge and phantom wiper becasue there wasn't a recall issued specifiaclly for my car and the treat me like some kind of infidel any time I mention what i've learned from 300cforums.com

·
Registered
230 Posts
From this thread I found this TSB that might address it. Try asking your dealer to pull it up. If your dealer continues to give you a hard time, I would find another.

02/11/05 … 2005 .. #24-004-05 …. Flash: Poor/Intermittent A/C Performance (supercedes 24-005-04) .. (3M)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got a similar issue that just began recently. In the beginning, when I would turn the car off with the A/C running, the A/C would still be turned 'ON' when I restarted the car later on. In Arizona this is a life saving feature.

Recently this has ceased. Now if I turn the car off, with the A/C turned on, I have to now manually turn it on again once I re-start the car. This is killing my index finger! Actually it's just a real inconvenience since I've habituated into believing the A/C is automatic.

I have not jumped into the owner's encyclopedia to find the solution yet. I suspect it's a driver setting, and for the last few weeks I've been sharing the car with my wife while hers is being customized. Strange things have been occurring with all the settings of the car ever since.

On a related note: Dpes anyone else get a wet back from riding in these seats with the sunroof open in 100 degree weather? Seems like either another Chrysler quality issue, or perhaps personal sodium content.

·
Registered
381 Posts
C-Man said:
From this thread I found this TSB that might address it. Try asking your dealer to pull it up. If your dealer continues to give you a hard time, I would find another.

02/11/05 … 2005 .. #24-004-05 …. Flash: Poor/Intermittent A/C Performance (supercedes 24-005-04) .. (3M)

Had this tsb performed last week. The way the tsb reads: All cars with the 2.7, or 3.5 engine that were built prior to 8/19/04, and all with the Hemi engine built prior to 1/31/05 should have this tsb performed. It involves a software upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts