Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Accessories or controls that fit in REAR door pockets?

I can't find anything about this, so I'm curious.

When cleaning the car, I noticed two attachment points in the rear door pocket - sort of thing that suggests, say, the presence of a switch panel - like door pocket mounted electric window switches.

Are these for anything, or just random? They're on the carpeted bit near the front, inside the pocket.

Today has also been a good day - found a set of saddlebags, allegedly new/unused and in the UK, for £25! Now just need to get the brakes cleaned up (sticking rear caliper I suspect, plus a notchy e-brake action) and tax it and the 300C will be prowling again, since I can't comfortably drive the A-class for some reason.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just had a look at ours and nothing similar. The closest is the memory seat switch. Maybe its a Hemi thing.
But saddlebags for a 300? That can't be right? Where would you put them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, I missed a crucial bit - the REAR door pockets! Sorry!

It is a bit like the point where you'd expect the memory seat control to fit. Now I want to see if the door pocket moulding is the same front and rear - I was wondering if it was a thing for VES headphones maybe, I'm still pondering if a VES would be useful for anything for me - maybe the inputs for plugging in iPod or something.

The saddlebags were an accessory for the 300C Touring, so are usually mentioned as a Magnum part (how I found some).

·
Registered
687 Posts
Had another look at both rear door and nothing like you describe so it's either a hemi thing, touring thing or an aftermarket thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's when you put your hand in the pocket - if you run along the back of the carpeted side, there are two standoffs - the sort of thing a part might screw or clip into. Definitely on both sides of mine.

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I can't find anything about this, so I'm curious.

When cleaning the car, I noticed two attachment points in the rear door pocket - sort of thing that suggests, say, the presence of a switch panel - like door pocket mounted electric window switches.

Are these for anything, or just random? They're on the carpeted bit near the front, inside the pocket.

Today has also been a good day - found a set of saddlebags, allegedly new/unused and in the UK, for £25! Now just need to get the brakes cleaned up (sticking rear caliper I suspect, plus a notchy e-brake action) and tax it and the 300C will be prowling again, since I can't comfortably drive the A-class for some reason.

Like these..???

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401315725.219837.jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I got them yesterday. Those aren't what I'm asking about, but I'm pretty chuffed to have found brand new boxed ones for that price, and in the UK! I have asked, but the VW dealer that had them has no more - they bought some old Chrysler dealer stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts