Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Anyone Help?
2006 Chrysler 300 Touring, 22" Diablo Web, 265/35/22 Hankook Tires

Back In December Of 2006 I Was T-boned Towards The Rear Passenger Side Of Of The Car In A Parking Lot. Damage Was To Lower Part Of Read Passenger Door And Part Of The Wheel. I've Been Having A Problem Since, My Esp/bas Light Came On Automatically After The Crash. The Body Damage Was Fixed And And A New Was Purchased.

Now My Problem Was That My For Some Reason My Rear Suspension Was Off, I Took It To Have It Aligned But They(firestone Service Center) Told Me That It They Were Not Able To Align It. It Did Starighten Up A Little. My 22" Tires Were Getting Eaten Away From The Inside (mostly Passenger Side).

Every Time I Make A Left Turn My Esp/bas Light Comes On, And The Brakes Apply Pressure Automatic, So It Slows The Car Down A Lot (dangerous, Can Cause An Accident).

I Purchased A Camber Kit From Eibach And Installed It, Didn't Work. Took It To A Body Shop Where I Had My Door Fixed And Was Told That There Was No Damage Visible To The Suspension Or Any Parts To It.

Any Suggestions Please Let Me Know. I Appreciate You Taking Your Time To Read This. I Guess My Last Option Would Be Going To The Dealer, Expensive!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
UMM I would be contacting the insurance company of the person who hit you (assuming you weren't at fault). Sounds like something is seriously thrashed and I don't think installing a camber kit or anything is going to help if the car is still out of alignment.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I would have the dealer check the ESP system/wiring for the rear wheel. It is possible a wire/harness was damaged that wasn't fixed correctly. I doubt this will help, but recalibrate your Steering Angle Sensor.
The Steering Angle Sensor must be calibrated anytime an ABS component or the battery is disconnected. To calibrate the Steering Angle Sensor, start the engine and center the steering wheel. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until it stops, turn the steering wheel all the way to the right until it stops and bring the steering wheel back to center.

It is also possible your frame is bent. The body shop should be able to measure/check for a bent frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts