Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While fortunate to have a loaner car (5 days free) for a week, I really miss my Charger due to a leaking radiator. Granted the interior storage, mileage and arguably, reliability is superior in the Honda but this is why I would never buy this '07 model year Accord.

I actually liked my 99 Solara SLE V6 far more as well.

1. Uncomfortable seats
2. Fake carbon trim and 4 different interior colors
3. Doors close way too easily by themselves - irritating!
4. Accelerator too close to dash panel - lower right leg gets sore
5. Touchy power windows - difficult to modulate when going back up
6. Radio is scratchy/reception issues - inexcusable in this day and age and probably not a defect since it's subtle
7. 4 speed automatic - perhaps a necessity due to #8 below
8. SLOW! Useless with more than 1 passenger, passing is near impossible, 1st gear is only the usable gear. Somewhat dangerous IMO
9. Handling is lethargic, an evasive maneuver would be a joke.
10. Hard, squealing tires
11. Horn "button" is far too large and too easy to engage. This could be a good thing, though except #12 below
12. Steering wheel controls are too small and too close to the horn button. Cant use them when hands are at a 3 & 9 o'clock position
13. Windshield comes too close to head, sun ends up high on your chest.
14. Rear seats don't fold down!

Some of these would be resolved with a higher-end model. Some of these would not.

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
I think you are refferring to the 2008 HONDA ACCORD.

If you are - alot of people will end up opting for the Accord over the 300 because the V6 engine offers more low end torque than the 2.7L 300 while getting marginaly better gas mileage due to the car's lower weight.

I tested the Accord. Only with the V6 do you get real power, and then, only with the Coupe version do you get a snazzy looking car.

The interior is as cheapo plasticy as the 300's but the Navigation system and console buttons are arguably cooler since they are set high into the dash to keep the eyes on road level. The layout of the Nav buttons is pedantic and the voice control is terrible.

The Accord has nowhere near the interior space of a 300 (especially without the moonroof) even though the 300 is just 2 inches longer.

Yes the seats in the Accord suck.

Unfortunately, there are those who won't buy an American made vehicle just because... even when the Accord is the lamer offer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a better reason to buy a 300. It's made in America.

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Natas,

It's actually Made in Canada with lots of Mexican parts. But I hear ya :)

Honda makes a fantastic generator, great motorcycles and ATV's but thier cars, have NEVER inspired me..

·
Registered
21 Posts
The only thing I have found a honda good for is making a farting sound down the freeway with a 4" coffee can hanging off the tail pipe doin 27 mph.

·
Registered
650 Posts
What's wrong with you people? We used to compare 300Cs to Benz, Cadillac, BMW. Even auto magazines do this all the time! Who cares about Honda? Seriously! :)

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
As far as I'm concerned it's about where the profit ends up. Buy a Chrysler and the money ends up (and will most likely be spent) in the USA. Buy a Honda and the profit will be sent to Japan (although part of the profit will be spent by American assembly line workers).

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too bad this comparison is full of fail.
OH REALLY? You get stuck driving an '07 for 12 days and see how you like it!

Basically it was sh!tty driving experience.

·
Banned
1,625 Posts
the milage on the 08 v6 accord is just barley better than the 300c
The i4 Acccord gets 30 MPG

The V6 Accord gets higher than the 2.7 300 in both City/Highway.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very simply put the 300 is the only car that stands out in the road in its class. Look wise take out the mercedes and mbw emblems and you are left with ugly looking cars. Take out the mercedes emblem from the new c class and you are left with a accord looking vehicle. The built is probably better but the 300 is the real head turner and thats the reason why I bought it. I dint want to blant in. Get a accord and your just another driver on the road.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
The 07 Accord and the 08 Accord are 2 completely different cars, one is a pretty decent daily driver, and the other is another BMW euro-trash wannabe.

Neither one is something to write home about IMHO, but the automatic 07s all have 5 speed transmissions (or so I've been made aware). Dude, you have an SRT8, of course it's going to be slower, but it's a lot faster than a 2.7L 300 - the performance for the I4 07 Accord was right on par with a 3.5L 300.

The current Accord is a disaster, though. The interior looks wrong, and the seats look like they were pulled out of a Japanese conversion van (if such a thing exists).

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I am wrong about the tranmission. I never noticed a button for OD and obviously the 5th gear was transparent.

On the Chargerforums, someone brought up the folding rear seats - per one source, the model I had didn't have a 60/40 split, but just a center cargo pass-through the armrest.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts