Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Posting this in the UK section to hopefully get some help! Have always wanted a 300c because they look superb and they are great value! I finally picked one up yesterday ...

2010 Plate, 3.0 Diesel, 60k on the clock

I paid £4800, which I feel is ok but open to comments hahah.

Joining the forum to start my journey down mods road and getting her perfected :)

Great to know any instant tips/ things to look for etc.

List of things for me to start fixing ...

• Wing mirror motors or switch faulty
  • Seat memory not saving
  • Few bits of loose trim

Thanks for looking!
Adam

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,754 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Adam. It's good to see a new enthusiast, since most of the original UK members seem to have vanished. We do sometimes see new people pop up, post a query, get a response and then never seen again.

Your new purchase looks pristine from the outside and its interior is probably similar.

I can't comment on the price you paid, other than it's a helluva lot less than I paid for my new CRD.

I'm not a mods person - my CRD is 100% original, apart from the very simple auto headlights mod.

I did have my passenger side wing mirror replaced under warranty when it was reluctant to fold.

One thing you can count on is that anything that can go wrong has already been reported and commented on, so if you have a problem it's well worth searching the forum archives for a solution.

Our CRDs are not without faults, but touch wood, I've never failed to complete a journey during my 15 yrs of ownership.

Routine servicing is a doddle and parts are not expensive, so you shouldn't have any problems there. One very important tip when replacing the oil filter - make sure the O-ring seal is properly fitted in the cap groove, or you will have oil spewing everywhere.

I would also recommend buying a good diagnostic tool, such as diagFCA or AlfaOBD, together with a good Bluetooth OBD adaptor, such as OBDLX. Many of the cheap adaptors to be found on fleabay can be a bit hit and miss.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi Adam and welcome!

Your car, with the Bentley grill and that lovely dark blue colour, looks amazing.

Just as a heads up, a couple of things that tend to go wrong at your mileage, are the suspension (knocking) and the brake calipers (sticking) .

Keep us posted with your experiences. We can all learn from each other!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys! Thanks both so much for the replies :)

I like getting actively involved in a forum so il be around for the long run!

Yeh the interior is perfect, the all black interior I was looking for too!

I think the price was ok, I did a lot of research and looked at quite a few cars. And haggled this one down from £5500 to £4800.

Looking at the paperwork it had a large service in april which is good. Just a few annoying things inside I want to fix. I dont want to go mad on the mods. I would really like the bigger front bumper with that section on the bottom? What model is that from?

The rest would all be performance mods, does anyone have any good links? I will definitely get it remapped as that has transformed my previous diesels :)

Ill get it up on a ramp and check all the suspension over asap :)

Will get some more pictures up soon!

All the best

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Welcome Adam to 3CF, nice and clean looking motor 👌

Next bigger oem bumper would be the srt8 version, which looks slightly bigger with the deep chin at the bottom. Most folks have seem to keep the stock bumpers and add on an after market spoiler.

There are a few about on ebay and possibly try Fenns chrysler 300c breakers, may have some used bodykit.

Anyways wish you all the best and happy motoring. Do ask any questions if your stuck, we have members here with very good level of knowledge and helpful bunch. 👍

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Adam. It's good to see a new enthusiast, since most of the original UK members seem to have vanished. We do sometimes see new people pop up, post a query, get a response and then never seen again.

Your new purchase looks pristine from the outside and its interior is probably similar.

I can't comment on the price you paid, other than it's a helluva lot less than I paid for my new CRD.

I'm not a mods person - my CRD is 100% original, apart from the very simple auto headlights mod.

I did have my passenger side wing mirror replaced under warranty when it was reluctant to fold.

One thing you can count on is that anything that can go wrong has already been reported and commented on, so if you have a problem it's well worth searching the forum archives for a solution.

Our CRDs are not without faults, but touch wood, I've never failed to complete a journey during my 15 yrs of ownership.

Routine servicing is a doddle and parts are not expensive, so you shouldn't have any problems there. One very important tip when replacing the oil filter - make sure the O-ring seal is properly fitted in the cap groove, or you will have oil spewing everywhere.

I would also recommend buying a good diagnostic tool, such as diagFCA or AlfaOBD, together with a good Bluetooth OBD adaptor, such as OBDLX. Many of the cheap adaptors to be found on fleabay can be a bit hit and miss.
+1 to watching the O-ring on the oil filter. My driveway still has stains....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts