Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adaptive Cruise Control (2008 300C AWD): Is there a way to change to Normal old school Cruise Control?

I just want cruise control to behave like it did back in 1995 -- NO braking.

Is there a way to make cruise control behave that way??

All the random unexpected braking is very distracting and very unnerving. It's like driving with an anal/twitch driver and it makes me feel unsafe.

·
Registered
744 Posts
You should be able to toggle between "Normal" mode and "Adaptive" mode by pressing the "Mode" button. Your EVIC will display "Cruise Ready" in Adaptive mode, or "Cruise Off" in Normal mode.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to toggle between "Normal" mode and "Adaptive" mode by pressing the "Mode" button. Your EVIC will display "Cruise Ready" in Adaptive mode, or "Cruise Off" in Normal mode.
Where would I find this mode button you are talking about?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Where would I find this mode button you are talking about?
It would be on the steering wheel. You might not have it on an '08. If that's the case, you can have the dealer disable it. You may also be able to do it with AlfaOBD or Appcar's DiagFCA.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,609 Posts
I don't know what would happen if you unplugged the sensor that's on thr right hand side of the grill as you look facing the front of the car

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know what would happen if you unplugged the sensor that's on thr right hand side of the grill as you look facing the front of the car
i could try it, but i believe what will happen is,the system will complain that it can't see, and not allow engaging CC at all.

I recall a snowy day where the ACC complained it was blocked and wouldn't engage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts