Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It looks like the adaptive cruise control was introduced in 2007. I did not find a mention of backup camera on both 07/08 (Edmundscom). Is anyone aware when they started appearing on the cars? I checked (Pais) on one 2007 300C SRT with both Customer Preffered Packages 21X and 2DX (way overloaded with options). There is no metion of either option. If anyone knows the sales codes for them please share the info.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
It looks like the adaptive cruise control was introduced in 2007. I did not find a mention of backup camera on both 07/08 (Edmundscom). Is anyone aware when they started appearing on the cars? I checked (Pais) on one 2007 300C SRT with both Customer Preffered Packages 21X and 2DX (way overloaded with options). There is no metion of either option. If anyone knows the sales codes for them please share the info.
The rear camera has not been offered on the LX models, don't see it listed for '09 either...

New Features 2007

New Features 2008

New Features 2009

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you!
I was told today by Chrysler that the backup camera is available on 08 models as long as they have the navigation unit.
As for the adaptive cruise control, it's really hard to come by, but it can also ordered for 08.
I was aslo told, that MB had some problems with the ACC and they even stopped installing it into the S-series. This might be the reason for it being advertised-but-never-installed for 07 model year.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thank you!
I was told today by Chrysler that the backup camera is available on 08 models as long as they have the navigation unit.
As for the adaptive cruise control, it's really hard to come by, but it can also ordered for 08.
I was aslo told, that MB had some problems with the ACC and they even stopped installing it into the S-series. This might be the reason for it being advertised-but-never-installed for 07 model year.
Back up cam is only available on the minivan thing. (so a dealer has said) they are notoffeing it on the 300's at all (EVER), and it's not offered by them as an add on (aftermarket addition) BOO.

ACC works great. i got it on my 08 srt8.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Thank you!
From the factory, the backup camera is only available on the Grand Cherokee, Commander, Durango, Aspen and minvans.

From Mopar, a camera is available with a stand alone monitor (not tied into the nav radio) for quite a few vehicles but not any of the LX models.

For '08 LX models with the "MyGIG" radio, a camera could be added but there are some stumbling blocks. In addition to camera fitment, custom wiring would have to be run. The rear cam function must also be engaged via a DRB scan tool, but this option is not available for LX models. One alternative would be to buy the aftermarket "Lockpick" device which would allow the rear camera to be engaged.

There were some initial issues with the ACC but it was still installed in '07 export models. It was finally decided to delay it as a "new" feature for '08.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There were some initial issues with the ACC but it was still installed in '07 export models. It was finally decided to delay it as a "new" feature for '08.
Thanks everybody, so I guess the rear parking assist is way to go. What are you refering to as "export models"? The european ones are built overseas in Austria, I don't think we should even cosider them due to a different model/trim line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts