Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I don't own a SRT but own a 11 300C, I prefer the front facia of the SRT and will be sourcing out the parts to do the conversion really soon.
After scouring all pics of the SRT that I could find I noticed that Adaptive Cruise Control sensor is absent. Do SRT's not have that option?

·
Registered
274 Posts
According to the 2012 sales brochure, Adaptive Cruise Control is part of the Saftytec Group for the SRT8. No pics of an SRT8 with it in the brochure, however. Hopefully, someone has one so equipped and will post a pic.

Phil

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hard to get a good shot of it;

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
The adaptive cruise control (cyclops eye) is located on the lower grill, at the passenger sige corner of the grill.

My 300S did not have the ACC option and I am glad that the SRT front fascia is offered without the cyclops eye in the grill. All of the new 3SRTs I have seen on the road all have the ACC option except for one I saw that did not.

The next question I have is , if the SRT front fascia does not come with the ACC hole in the grill, Does it also come without the 4 small park sensors in the front fascia as well?

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Im going to venture and say if you have park assist, you have the four small holes. At the SRT track day they did not have ACC but did have park assist and had the buttons on the bumper.
Thanks, worse case the 6 holes for park assist are small enough to fill, before painting it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Park assist is standard on the SRT I believe.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Park assist is standard on the SRT I believe.
Park sense (front) and park assist (rear) is standard on the SRT model, however, I believe some of the early build cars do not have it.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
939 Posts
The PARKSENSE FT/RR PARK ASSIST SYSTEM (XAG) has always been standard equipment on the 2012 300 SRT8 beginning 6/24/2011.

The 2011 300 (SRT n/a) required the Safetytec system:

2011 SAFETYTEC AC5
Includes:
ADAPTIVE BI-XENON HID HEADLAMPS (LMQ)
ADAPTIVE SPEED CONTROL (NHP)
AUTO DIM EXTERIOR DRIVER MIRROR (GNZ)
AUTOMATIC HEADLAMP LEVELING SYSTEM (JKJ)
BLIND SPOT AND CROSS PATH DETECTION (XAN)
EXT. MIRRORS W/SUPPLEMENTAL SIGNALS (LEB)
EXTERIOR MIRRORS COURTESY LAMPS (LEC)
FORWARD COLLISION WARNING (LSS)
PARKSENSE FT/RR PARK ASSIST SYSTEM (XAG)
POWER FOLDING MULTI-FUNCTION MIRRORS (GUP)
POWER MULTI-FUNCTION F/AWAY MIRRORS (GUU)
POWER MULTI-FUNCTION F/AWAY MIRRORS (GUU) - W/AFF
RAIN SENSITIVE WINDSHIELD WIPERS (JHC)
REAR FOG LAMPS (LPG)
SMARTBEAM HEADLAMPS (LMS)
UNIVERSAL GARAGE DOOR OPENER (XGD)

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
POWER FOLDING MULTI-FUNCTION MIRRORS (GUP)
POWER MULTI-FUNCTION F/AWAY MIRRORS (GUU)
POWER MULTI-FUNCTION F/AWAY MIRRORS (GUU) - W/AFF
ChryslerCares - Care to comment on why the power folding mirror option is absent on the SRT8's, yet all the specs (even the window stickers) say it is there?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The PARKSENSE FT/RR PARK ASSIST SYSTEM (XAG) has always been standard equipment on the 2012 300 SRT8 beginning 6/24/2011.
I swear I've seen at least one without the sensors.

ChryslerCares - Care to comment on why the power folding mirror option is absent on the SRT8's, yet all the specs (even the window stickers) say it is there?
From what I've seen, only export vehicles have the power folding. We have power mirrors with manual folding.

·
Registered
372 Posts
They missed a comma in there. It should read "POWER, FOLDING".

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
939 Posts
They missed a comma in there. It should read "POWER, FOLDING".
toasterover is correct, the power mirrors do not electrically fold in. They must be manually folded in the rare instances that this feature is required.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2013 300SRT8 and have the safetytec package. It has front and rear sensors for cross traffic and backing up. The front sensors in the bumper don't pick up curbs well at all. The adaptive cruise is fantastic at keeping you from having to mess with the cruise when you are behind a meathead on the phone who can't keep a steady speed. it does look like a extra fog light next to the right side only darker lens. Yes, you get a display in your EVIC. You have 3 different distance settings.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts