Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2013 300SRT8 and have the safetytec package. It has front and rear sensors for cross traffic and backing up. The front sensors in the bumper don't pick up curbs well at all. The adaptive cruise is fantastic at keeping you from having to mess with the cruise when you are behind a meathead on the phone who can't keep a steady speed. it does look like a extra fog light next to the right side only darker lens. Yes, you get a display in your EVIC. You have 3 different distance settings.
Yea dont rely on your front Parksense to detect curbs, I went over a curb (Luckily no visible marks, unless you're on the ground looking up), and it didnt detect it. That taught me quickly to watch for curbs:biggthump

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
toasterover is correct, the power mirrors do not electrically fold in. They must be manually folded in the rare instances that this feature is required.
I know that's what the company line is, but look at the European market description - it is the same as the US description - and theirs automatically fold. The description also is the same in the user manual.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know that's what the company line is, but look at the European market description - it is the same as the US description - and theirs automatically fold. The description also is the same in the user manual.
Maybe they changed this with the 2013s?

Can anyone with a 2013 comment...?

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Registered
316 Posts
Maybe they changed this with the 2013s?

Can anyone with a 2013 comment...?

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide
Only the export cars get the power folding mirrors, domestic cars are all manual folding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep,Is much better than old 2011.Shows more detail.Still sends you on round about way to get to places.Wants you to follow dirt roads in the middle of nowhere to get to where your going.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Only the export cars get the power folding mirrors, domestic cars are all manual folding.
I know that's how they shipped, but that IS NOT how the window stickers read.

Look at the two images below for descriptions on both the owners manual and window sticker.

Here's the description in the owners manual (note it does say "if equipped"):

Now, look at the window sticker. Under STANDARD EQUIPMENT - EXTERIOR FEATURES, it lists the regular mirrors (non-power folding) as "Power Multi-Function Fold-Away Mirros" - which means manual folding. Then look at the section for OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT - SafteTec where it lists "Multi-Function Power Folding Mirrors".

Are you seriously going to tell me that does not refer to the folding feature not being powered? The don't list things in the optional section that were already covered in the standard section. The optional item is supposed to add the power folding option.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I know, we've dealt with this last year (2011 Charger/300 owners). What I don't get is why they got rid of the remote opening front windows. My '11 Charger has it and I believe Chrysler had it for years already but no cars have it for 2012. I wonder if it came back on the '13's?

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
935 Posts
I know, we've dealt with this last year (2011 Charger/300 owners). What I don't get is why they got rid of the remote opening front windows. My '11 Charger has it and I believe Chrysler had it for years already but no cars have it for 2012. I wonder if it came back on the '13's?
Check to see if the procedure below allows the windows to operate remotely:

Per the 2012 Service Manual:

EXPRESS DOWN WINDOW FEATURE
This feature allows you to remotely lower both front door windows at the same time. To use this feature, press and release the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter and then immediately press and hold the UNLOCK button until the windows lower to the desired level or until they lower completely.

·
Registered
316 Posts

This feature allows you to remotely lower both front door windows at the same time. To use this feature, press and release the UNLOCK button on the RKE transmitter and then immediately press and hold the UNLOCK button until the windows lower to the desired level or until they lower completely.
It doesn't work and other owners have verified this as well.

·
Registered
372 Posts

Doesn't work here either. Also noticed my service manual talks about track mode... but my build date is Dec 2011.

I has a sad.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Doesn't work here either. Also noticed my service manual talks about track mode... but my build date is Dec 2011.

I has a sad.
My car was built in 2/12 and it doesn't have that either. I'm quite sure I read it here that some (not the early builds) may be able to have it updated.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts