Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I am wanting to add a subwoofer to my 300c hemi but I am afraid I might void my warranty. Has any one added to the already great system if so some tips would be helpfel

·
Registered
426 Posts
Void Warranty Issue Overblown

The general rule, under U.S. federal law, is that aftermarket items will only void the manufacturer's warranty for those manufacturer's parts that the dealer/manufactuer can prove were adversely impacted by the aftermarket items. Now, obviously, if you replace the OEM muffler with an aftermarket one, you have removed the OEM muffler from the vehicle so it is no longer covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

·
Registered
89 Posts
There is no way if a system is put in correctly that a dealership can void your warranty. I work in the car audio video industry and the dealerships over the years have become a little smarter and more informed. If you have a problem with your dealer compaling about something like that copy the federal law and show it to them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had a custom box made for a JL 10w7, and together with a 1000 watt exceleron amp mounted to the back of my seat, makes the car PUMP. also, i had a sub control knob added to the INSIDE of my center console, so when i have company in the car who dosent like as much base i can easily turn it down.. now that ive said all that, im nick and im new to the forum. :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Where did you guys tap the sub in at?

·
Registered
149 Posts
indyCoder said:
Where did you guys tap the sub in at?
Yeah, for real. Where did you tap into the HU? Or did you just replace the factory amp and sub?
You do have the main power going from the amp directly to the battery right?
Thanks

Also, how come you didn't just mount the amp in the trunk near the battery?

·
Registered
16 Posts
well, i had a local company take care of the whole thing, putting it on the back of the 40 part of the 40/60 was reasonable. mounting it it in the back would have just taken up more room. i have the factory amp still working but for only the interiors. the factory sub was taken out altogether.. and yes its linked directly to the battery

·
Registered
25 Posts
i had a custom box made for a JL 10w7, and together with a 1000 watt exceleron amp mounted to the back of my seat, makes the car PUMP. also, i had a sub control knob added to the INSIDE of my center console, so when i have company in the car who dosent like as much base i can easily turn it down.. now that ive said all that, im nick and im new to the forum.
Did they happen to mention what size the interior speakers are?? Oh and Silver C the sub opening is right in the trunk on the righth and side under the black protection barrier. It comes off super easy with 6 plastics nuts. Took about 5 minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts