Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jane is the voice of my Nav system....I went to turn up the volume of the radio with the wheel control when Jane came on - and I adjusted HER voice instead!

So - if you use your volume control while the Nav is giving you directions - you can change the volume up or down while driving.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good tip!!

BTW, is her name really jane? Or did you name her? cuz if I named my nav girls voice, I'd name her Boobs McGeatem... SOrry, I have th emind of a 5 year old... carry on

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
I think a lot of us name her... my director of transportation is NanCeee :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife has named her Majel (pronounced My-Jill): She was the computer voice on Star Trek. She also played several roles on the series. Majel Barrett-Roddenberry is the widow of Star Trek creator, Gene Roddenberry.

Regarding volume control: The steering wheel / knob controls both the volume of your radio / CD player as well as Majel's voice. If you push the mute button, both will be muted. During guidence instructions, the radio / CD player volume will be lowered, while Majel's volume will remain at your current volume setting, & then both will return to your latest volume setting. By the way, if you didn't her what she had to say, just push the info button & she will repeat her last instructions.

If you want to change her voice volume relative to the music volume, all you have to do is go to the system settings, then to guidence set-up & adjust her voice volume with the menus provided. Be sure to select 'Done' before you exit the menu.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
No , no, no no, No.
her name is Heidi. She is German, don't cha know. There are Heidis in this world and there are Helgas. She is no Helga. And it is a good thing if you have never seen a Helga!

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
DESIREE is her name.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
5point7 said:
Jane is the voice of my Nav system....I went to turn up the volume of the radio with the wheel control when Jane came on - and I adjusted HER voice instead!

So - if you use your volume control while the Nav is giving you directions - you can change the volume up or down while driving.

Yep! Noticed that too.

Those brainiacs at DCX are constantly amazing me.

Now, if I can only get my brake dust and shifting issue resolved, they're walking on water to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts