Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember with older vehicles you would change the speedo gear, what can be done with these vehicles to compensate for changing tires/wheels that arent' the exact same tire height?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
As long as the tire height is close not to worry, if way off I have to ask why not buy a tire/wheel combo that is close. The speedo is from an electronic input from the tranny (in most cars or manual input). I am not aware of any mods to adjust the speedo, maybe someone else will chime in with a better answer. My guess is that perhaps 1/3 to 1/2 inch is negligible.

·
Registered
448 Posts
In your search engine, look for "tire size". This will bring up numerous sites where you enter your existing and new tire size....you will get a comparision (including diameter and the amount your speedometer is affected).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Understood, I have that but when I search tires I rarely find anything that is exactly the same.

I also noticed on the SRT-8 they have staggered the fronts and rears, of course the rears are what the speedo reads:

245/45/20 fronts
255/45/20 rears

has anyone staggered their tire sizes?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I do believe the dealer can change it. It's all done electronically now instead of a physical gear. I read either here or at dodgemagnum.net that there are assorted tire/wheel combos that can be selected via the diag tool.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
C-Man said:
I do believe the dealer can change it. It's all done electronically now instead of a physical gear. I read either here or at dodgemagnum.net that there are assorted tire/wheel combos that can be selected via the diag tool.
Just don't expect these clowns to honor the warranty for these changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts