Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been beaten to a pulp but everyone’s situation is different and I’d like to get this right the first time. I’m new to owning a mopar, but not new to working on them. I own a 2007 300c RWD. I plan to put the 20x9 SRT rims on the car and I know I’ll need the 3mm spacers for the front(maybe rear?). The tires I’d like to run are 245/45r20 in the front and 275/40r20 in the rear. I plan to combo that with the Street Edge coilovers with the 2 inch drop. Can anyone help give their feedback on if I will encounter any rubbing or clearance issues? I work on Chrysler’s so I can do some slight modifications, but I want this done right the first time. If it won’t work at all, any suggestions will be much appreciated.

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
You have a good plan but I do have one recommendation. I have 245/45x20 tires on the front. They are 1" taller than a 245/40 and have the exact diameter of the 275/40s I have out back. There is a potential for an ABS fault if the front and rear tire diameter is too far apart which is why I use the 245/45 tire. I'm not sure the exact amount of diameter difference causes the issue but with those sizes installed I've never had a problem. Also, having a 245/45 on the front gives me a bit more sidewall and it helps fill up the wheelwell.

I used KW V1 coilovers and am lowered just a bit over 2" from SRT stock height in the front, 1.75" lower than stock SRT height in the back. I didn't need spacers to use my stock SRT wheels but for you the 3mm spacer is a good idea.

Front pic:

Rear pic:

Stance:

Stock:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Ironically your car is one I kept coming back to saying “I need mine to look like this.” You’ve got a beauty that’s for sure. How well do the Toyo Proxes hold up? Any other tire recommendations?

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
Thanks for the kind comments. I try to keep it simple and clean.

Except for the original Goodyears that came with the car, I've always run the Proxes. I like the wet and dry performance, they are quiet and I've not had any problems with them. I got over 35K on the first set I put on the car and I do drive aggressively ... from time to time. I can't help it ... between the KW coilovers, Hotchkis swaybars and Pedders bushings it's just so fun to drive fast ... from time to time ... ;)

Personally, if I were to consider other tires they would be something in the Pirelli P Zero or the Michelin Pilot Sport. But I've been very happy with the Proxes and, while not the cheapest, I've got no reason to move on.

I have a friend who has the Nitto Invo's on his SRT8 Magnum and he really likes them.

Good luck with your choice of tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have a good plan but I do have one recommendation. I have 245/45x20 tires on the front. They are 1" taller than a 245/40 and have the exact diameter of the 275/40s I have out back. There is a potential for an ABS fault if the front and rear tire diameter is too far apart which is why I use the 245/45 tire. I'm not sure the exact amount of diameter difference causes the issue but with those sizes installed I've never had a problem. Also, having a 245/45 on the front gives me a bit more sidewall and it helps fill up the wheelwell.

I used KW V1 coilovers and am lowered just a bit over 2" from SRT stock height in the front, 1.75" lower than stock SRT height in the back. I didn't need spacers to use my stock SRT wheels but for you the 3mm spacer is a good idea.

Front pic:

Rear pic:

Stance:

Stock:

Just bought a 2020 300C with 20” wheels and 245/45/20 tires. Ride is too stiff for me. Dealer says springs are different (stiffer) on this car vs 300C with 18” wheels. Does this sound right? Can I put Touring model springs on my car to soften the ride?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts