Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my AFE CAI today and was a little confused if it's the right/wrong one even though the advert stated it was for the SRT8 6.1L Hemi. What confused me was, my stock intake system seems to have another box to the left of the main intake which also has a roughly 2 half inch diameter tubing going into the bend of the stock intake system. Now, the AFE I received this morning doesn't seem to have that section on the bend of the new intake system that would fit what is already there.

Below is a pic if someone could tell me what the unit to the left of the stock intake system is A/C perhaps, I'd be grateful?

Flickr: ILOVESRT8's Photostream

·
Registered
397 Posts
That box off to the side is the silencer...to make the intake quieter...thats all that is...Your CAI will not have that and goes straight into the TB..

Reactions: ILOVESRT8

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yes, the 300 was the only LX with that silencer - kept it quieter because it is a "luxury car". You dont need it. Let the beast scream when you stomp on it! you will love it and the new sound you hear!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the 300 was the only LX with that silencer - kept it quieter because it is a "luxury car". You dont need it. Let the beast scream when you stomp on it! you will love it and the new sound you hear!
Thanks, as well dude. Does it need to be completely removed or just left there when I fit the new AFE?

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Removed... just dead plastic otherwise.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
A great investment. You will notice marked improvement as soon as you load the tune, will make a difference with an intake :fing02:

Forgot to ask, did you get the dry or wet media?

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
If its grey its a dry media, if its blue that will be the wet media. You can also get socks which cover over the filters too but not really needed.

These videos will help with the installation process, its really easy to install takes only 10 minutes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts