Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. So with the new C coming along here shortly. Need to start doing some research on after market stereo equipment.

I was thinking of getting a C with OUT the Factory-Navi unit, and get an AM product. I owned a Pioneer Avic N-2 in my truck and loved it.

Any suggestions or set up people have done?

I also will get the 2 head-rests installed by 22 Elite in the seats...so I wanted it compatable.

Also, subs...I love Kicker...and was thinking about 2 12" LS... Too loud? Too much rattle?

Suggestions - comments - ALWAYS welcome!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Also, subs...I love Kicker...and was thinking about 2 12" LS... Too loud? Too much rattle?

Suggestions - comments - ALWAYS welcome!!!
It depends on your tastes and how loud you like you bass. Those solo-baric subs are cool and the 12s can get very loud. A good way to go is to find someone who has a similar setup in their car that you can listen to and see if you like it. Usually the guys who work at the local car audio shops will be able to help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the LS 12" set up in my Colorado, and loved it. Just it was in a truck. Wasn't sure the sound quality when its in the trunk of a car! :scared:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had two 12s in a king cab truck that I moved to the trunk of a Honda Accord and I thought they sounded better in the Honda. Kinda depends on the setup though...I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to mount them. Shouldn't be as hard with the Kickers though, I believe they like a small sealed enclosure. You will probably have to do some sound deadening to the trunk so it won't rattle.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Try the Kenwood 7120 or 5120 hands down better than the Pioneer. We are authorized to sell both but we sell 5 to 1 Kenwood to Pioneer.
The nav is much more user friendly and it's Garmin!
As far as your subs. I'm assuming you meant L5's not LS correct?
If so the Kickers are amazing for low frequencies. however there are much better "all around" subs beacuse the square designs have difficulty with over 60hz.
I'm sure many in here can help you too.
PS. The reason we sell more dbl din head units is less motorization for failure and general factory looking asthetics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts