Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kenwood DNX 7100 DVD/Navigation system. I had it installed probably almost a year ago. One probablem that I seem to encounter maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks is it won't turn on. I take the key out, turn it again, start the car, turn it to accessories, etc but still no power. If I take off the bezel and remove and reinsert the inline fuse it will power right up. The fuse seems to be fully seated. Any ideas on what the root cause could be?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any ideas about this?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^^^^^^^^I'm persistant.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Persistent, and impatient :) you only posted the message yesterday... :smashfrea

It sounds to me like when you have to unplug your cable box when it gets stuck not responding. You remove the power and it resets and then works again for awhile. I hope that is not common for kenwood because i am getting the DNX7120 soon. How do you like the unit otherwise?

Joe

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Persistent, and impatient :) you only posted the message yesterday... :smashfrea

It sounds to me like when you have to unplug your cable box when it gets stuck not responding. You remove the power and it resets and then works again for awhile. I hope that is not common for kenwood because i am getting the DNX7120 soon. How do you like the unit otherwise?

Joe
I initially was going to get defensive but I am impatient so I can't get mad.

I LOVE the unit besides that. Good sound, power, and I have pretty much everything that goes with it. I'll talk about the standard stuff first. The NAV is a Garmin so you already know that's good. You can do a lot of customizing as far as sound/equalizer goes. I never use it but you can have the rear speakers playing one source and the fronts playing another. The DVD playback is excellent.

I have it wired for Bluetooth and that is EXCELLENT. It usually picks up my phone within 10 seconds of turning on. Sometimes it's probably closer to 30 seconds but that's rare. The caller ID is good, built in phone book (you have to sync it from your phone, etc. No voice dial which sucks but really no biggie.

I have a rear camera which is cool. I never have any problem with that feature.

I bought the adapter so I can still operate some of the functions through the steering wheel.

My favorite feature has got to be the Ipod integration. I specifically bought an Ipod just so I could use it. It's an Ipod video so I can watch videos that I downloaded from youtube. The Ipod Integration is pretty flawless. Before I bought an Ipod though, I bought numerous USB external hard drives to try to utilize the USB connection. I can't remember the prices but you can get a 160 Gig external hard drive for like $120 or something like that. Problem is, the boot time was ridiculous. I'm talking like 5+ minutes. It was unreal. I never tried a flash drive so I don't know how fast that would've been. I actually got the idea for buying a hard drive by just searching it on Yahoo and going to forums. Some people had fairly large size hard drives and could get them to boot in a reasonable amount of time but I don't know how they do it.

Overall, glad I got it. Cost me a lot to have it installed with all the adapters and what not but it was an excellent buy. If I could do it all over again, I'd buy it again and just have it installed elsewhere. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
107 Posts
that is great to hear. I am getting the 7120 for $ 1000 and when you add in the install stuff, it is way more than i ever spent for a unit. i was hoping it is a quality piece. does the tv tuner attachment work on your model, i would get it if it gets HDTV signals. i am probably going to run the rear pre-outs to an infinity amp in the trunk for the infinity 6x9's i put in last week. and run the fronts through the stock amp, as i dont know if i can tie the dash and door together and run off the front output of the infinity amp, what do you think?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmmmmmm..........I had to read that a few times to make sure I understood. Honestly, I'm not sure about the install and how to wire the speakers. All I know is my installer completely bypassed the stock amp. I have mixed feelings about that. The headunit has a seperate equalizer for the pre-amp outputs, fronts, and rears. If you run through the factory amp, I'm not sure if you can still use some of those features.

As far as the TV tuner, I believe my model has that but I've never used it.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The Metra CHTO-01 has been updated, because it sometimes doesn't trigger the amp turn on. I'm waiting to hear back from their tech right now actually to see where to send my unit to get the update.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your problem is most likely in your can bus adaptor.
We have had this problem with the Metra can bus adaptors.
When we use the Peripheral no issues.
Where is that and how do I fix it? If you're talking about the adapter I think you are, my installer didn't use one. He completely bypassed the stock amp and ran everything straight from the back of the unit to the speakers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts