Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Maybe one of you could help/guide me on this issue that has been bothering me for sometime now. I have a 2008 V8.

First let me tell you, I have changed all my car bulbs to LEDs. Hight/Low lights (with these headlight, it uses one bulb for both), Turn signals, Side markers, Reverse, Brake lights (Switch backs) and Fog lamps. All work fine.

My issue is with Daylights which came with the headlights (picture attached). I live in the Middle East and there is no good technical support here.

The issue is after having these lights for over 2 years, the left daylight doesn't come on as I switch on the headlights. The left one always comes on after like an hour and it only comes on if I switch off the car and start again and then it stays on for as long as I drive.
- After the left LED daylight comes on, I can turn off the car and start again multiple time, they will work.
- But after I park at night and start in the morning, they won't come on. Something to do with heat?

:banghead:

- Does anyone know if these headlight would have some kind of transformer to power less than 12v LED bulbs which could be causing issues?
- I'm not a very technical guy but from the 1 hour delay in coming on make me think that something is taking long to heat up?
- But why wouldn't they come on while driving?:headache: They only come on after I restart the car.

I also read on OPT7 LED bulbs description that all dodge/chrysler 2007+ models are equipped with TIPM system which will require resistors to power any low wattage bulbs to stop flickkering. But my headlight LED bulbs don't flicker. :31:

- The shop I bought these lights from told me the electrical power is fine, the bulbs could be bad. But they stay on for hours after they come on. I don't want to spend another $300.

I'm just writing all these points to let you all know what all I have tried. I have also checked the power to the bulbs, it's fine.

I've driving with one daylight out and it just ruins the look of the front ::frown::

Any advice or guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks
MHz

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,606 Posts
With the LED bulbs you need resistors in the circuit, as shown in your third picture. Check the connections each resistor and make sure the resistor is passing voltage.

·
Vendor
1,379 Posts
If the lights used to work fine for 2 years, then most likely there is a problem with connection. Do you have any condensation in the headlights or visible cracks in the housing of the headlight itself?
You may want to check these general instructions: How To Install A Set Of Custom Headlamp Assemblies

·
Registered
458 Posts
If the headlight bulbs are LED, also, then swap them from left to right and see if the problem follows the bulb.
If it does, the LED is the issue, if not, then you have another issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts