• OEM Unit

Votes: 5 33.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What would you do?

If you had a choice between buying an aftermarket unit, or buying a Used OEM unit from a forum member or Ebay. The cost is roughly the same.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
look for one thats easy to use, i hate how long it takes to input something into the older (REC) navs, the mygig is much nicer, but if you have a 300 built prior to 08 then the mygig wont work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What would you do?

If you had a choice between buying an aftermarket unit, or buying a Used OEM unit from a forum member or Ebay. The cost is roughly the same.
I am kinda wondering the same thing, as i am thinking about retrofitting the mygig in my truck.......i know a lil bit about electronics.....i like the mygig, cause it has a HDD to store stuff on it.......so hopefully i will be able to find out!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aftermarket all the way. you get way more than navi w/ a aftermarket unit!!
I was going to go with a Z3 all the way, but then I got used to the station being displayed on the evic, hence my other post.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ca...tion/58042-evic-display-aftermarket-navi.html

If it shows anything like "FM 00" or anything else besides the station, it's going to annoy the hell out of me. I know I can change the entire display to show something different, but if I want to use the stearing wheel controls, it has to be put back to the default screen.

Once I man up and figure out what I am going to do, I'll ask the wife if its ok. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
I was going to go with a Z3 all the way, but then I got used to the station being displayed on the evic, hence my other post.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ca...tion/58042-evic-display-aftermarket-navi.html

If it shows anything like "FM 00" or anything else besides the station, it's going to annoy the hell out of me. I know I can change the entire display to show something different, but if I want to use the stearing wheel controls, it has to be put back to the default screen.

Once I man up and figure out what I am going to do, I'll ask the wife if its ok. :)

i hear you. but you can still use the steering wheel control w/ the z3 by using the pac steering wheels control adapter.
It's funny you have to ask your wife if it's ok too. lol I had to beg for a month to get my d3. lol :fing02:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I am kinda wondering the same thing, as i am thinking about retrofitting the mygig in my truck.......i know a lil bit about electronics.....i like the mygig, cause it has a HDD to store stuff on it.......so hopefully i will be able to find out!!!
not sure if the my gig will work on your truck, it wont give sound to us with lx's from 05-07

·
Registered
650 Posts
aftermarket or mygig. the latter is much, much better than old navi. i do not know how mygig compares to whatever is available on aftermarket.

keep in mind that RER is a 2004 design thing. even 2003. i would not repalce it, but i would not buy the thing anyore. there are much better features available now than whatever was available then. these devices are advancing very fast nowadays. i would even forgo canbus/evic integration.

·
Registered
979 Posts
yeah i can almost gurantee my gig will not work on your truck it works on very few cars retrofitted. if you are trying to go retrofit just avoid and go aftermarket you will probably end up with more functionality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts